Pics of the Moto E Leak Ahead of the May 13th Official Announcement

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-g-and-moto-e-pic-leak.jpg

This is what Motorola has up their sleeve for next week. The above pic is supposedly the Moto E which is likely to debut at Motorola's May 13th press event. This pic is likely very legit as it showed up briefly on Motorola Mexico's Facebook page. What you see in the photo is the Moto G on the left and the Moto E on the right.

The most intriguing thing of note about this pic is that it looks like the Moto E doesn't have a front facing camera. If this is indeed the case, then that must have been one of the features Moto decided to shave off in order to get the costs down for this ultra-affordable smartphone. It seems like a smart move from Motorola to ditch this option to lower costs for folks who may never even use the feature.

What do you guys think? How often do you use the front camera for selfies or video chats?

Source: AndroidPolice

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rarely if ever do I use the front camera, so I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to that feature. If it turns out to be reasonably priced, I will probably upgrade the missus.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i think the front facing camera is key.
Selfies for that crowd.
and for me using it to make hangouts with the family when im gone.

I think a front facing camera is one thing they should not skimp on

KaChow

Reaction score
I just read the specs on this device, Motorola is going for a lower cost device than the G with the E, maybe it is entry. 1.2 Dual core Snapdragon, 1GB RAM, 4.3 screen, 4GB storage (up to 32gb external SD storage), 1,980 mAh battery, and 5mp camera. The price all tough hasn't been officially announced has been rumored to sub-one hundred.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

KaChow

Reaction score
So this is the phone for OLD people???? :D
That's exactly what this phone is made for... This phone is made for that market of cell phone purchasers that buy those old claim shell dial phones with no smartphone features. The "E" is low cost budget minded with not too many features that is meant to attract the not so savvy cell phone buyers and to put them into the option of buying a smartphone. These not so savvy cell phone buyers are not interested in selfies nor do they know what they are or how to use them, setting their email is a challenging enough task as it is, and showing them how to get it, read it, and delete it is enough work as it is. The young people are not even going to look at this phone, no front camera on to the "G" and perhaps the "G Cinema"....

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've never used my ffc to take a selfie, but have used it a few times to video chat, so I wouldn't want my next device to be without one.
There was a member on our S4 sister forum last week who referred to her ffc as the "selfie camera". I'll admit it took me a second, and then I was like oh ok, she's talking about the front facing camera. Doh! :what: lol
So yeah, I'm not a fan of the "selfie", but then I'm not a youngster anymore so there's that. :D

tap'n

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've never used my ffc to take a selfie, but have used it a few times to video chat, so I wouldn't want my next device to be without one.
There was a member on our S4 sister forum last week who referred to her ffc as the "selfie camera". I'll admit it took me a second, and then I was like oh ok, she's talking about the front facing camera. Doh! :what: lol
So yeah, I'm not a fan of the "selfie", but then I'm not a youngster anymore so there's that. :D

tap'n

The M8 lists the front facing camera as Selfie

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Maybe I used my selfie once or twice. My wife, perhaps 50 times a day.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
All the sefie's I have ever took were erased shortly thereafter ( thank god!)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol.. I'm not photogenic.. I hate selfies.. I have a very.. Expressive face.. But in pics... It looks like my expression is one of... Well... I'm not sure.. But it's not awesome.. Lol