Pics of Droid 4

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by REMilk, Oct 27, 2011.

1. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
  2. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +503
    Wow, already? Looks like they dropped the lip. Still not my next phone since the screen size is not at least 4.3".

3. SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G6
    i agree, and why no ICS? seems like moto dropped the ball on the original Droid again.

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Considering it's designed very much like the Razr which is soon to be released, I don't think Moto would put ICS on Droid4 since that would be a threat to the sales of the Razr. I'm sure it will receive the ICS update, but to release it with ICS would definitely hurt the sales.

The phone is believed to be released early 2012, so Moto could put ICS on it by then, or have an OTA update that would be ready fairly soon, especially considering the Razr is supposed to receive it early 2012.

5. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    At this point, the Droid 4 has not been "officially" announced. This phone remains under development. Given that the entire development process, including testing takes time, a stable version of Android is being used for the initial development purposes. In a prior life, that is what we did, test new hardware with a stable version of the operating system (O/S), then if a new O/S was under development, test with this new version of the O/S later. Wring out as many problems with the hardware as possible and allow the new O/S to move through the various testing phases - alpha, beta, etc.

I expect that Motorola Mobility will test this with ICS and when it is released, it will have either ICS or the or the current version of Android.

Just my opinion, most likely, your will differ.

Bob

6. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I see these 2 phones, that even though they will compete each other for market share, they actually complement each other as they satisfy the needs of these two camps:
    1. On-screen Keyboards
    2. Slide-out Keyboards

Choices make this country great!

7. DoctorDeDroid

DoctorDeDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes choice makes this country great... but alas, Moto's "choice" of a non-removable battery kills this as my choice... battery technology is the Achilles' Heel of many things such as electric cars and so forth. It's getting better but it's clearly got a long way to go.

8. nhra1ss

nhra1ss Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking about going from my D2 to the D3. Then rumors of the D4 started up. Hmm, maybe go with that? That is till I see it will have a non removable battery. I think I may stay away from it for a while till I see that the battery will be no issue. The way I see it, if you have a battery issue, then you need a new phone. Not something I would like to see. So in the meantime, I keep plugging away with my D2 ( unless I get in the mood and get the D3 ).

9. Rocky

Rocky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The major reason I'd trade my D3 for that D4 would be faster browsing. I don't like a whole lot things like the new KB layout & the non removable battery.

Thanks for sharing, though.