pics not loading...

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
I have some pics that "Can" open. But it seems like they are pictures that are in the phones memory itself. Nothing from the SD card.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Now that I don't have that SD card in my Note 2, now I can take pictures but they are being saved to the phones internal memory. If I install that SD card then it won't let me take pics. What the?

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
"/ I found an SD card reader to insert it into my desktop computer. I insert it and same issue. Doesn't want to open pics. I can see the jpeg icon but when I double click it to open it says "The file could not be opened because it is empty". This has turned into a nightmare now.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
I found an extra 16g SD card I had laying around my house. Brand new. Nothing in it. I inserted into the Note 2 and it's saving pics to it now. But the issue is what can I do now with the old SD card? How can I recover those 2099 pictures I have in there? Is it even possible? =(

lowvolt

Reaction score
I do not know if its possible to recover those. Maybe call a computer store and ask. Sounds like the SD card is corrupt.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

shrasmyl

Reaction score
I have been having similar problems with my jpeg picture files becoming corrupted. When I take the pictures, stored on my SD card, they are fine, but the next day, they are still listed in the gallery, but replaced by generic "black head" place-markers. I searched the internet for information, an applied every solution (short of rooting, because my phone is new and I did not want to void the warranty) Nothing worked. Then, as a precaution, I ordered a brand new Samsung 32gb class 10 SD card. A few days later I went to a wedding and with in 24 hours, at least 1/2 of my pictures stored on my new Samsung SD card were ruined. I then tried to retrieve then directly from the card, and by transferring them to my computer by usb and opening, but they can no longer be read by any programs including my phone.

Interesting fact that I had auto-upload for Dropbox turned on and found the pictures uploaded to Dropbox in various stages of corruption. Some were fine - some were half-picture and half-corrupted - and some were just black head placemarkers that could not be opened. After this, I moved everything back to my phone storage and stopped using the SD card, before the next camera event. (Unfortunately, this max's out my phone) I have no picture problems or corruption with phone-storage, just have no room for pictures or video files.

Yesterday I put the picture evidence from Dropbox and my computer on a flash drive and headed back to the phone store. They told me they could not find anything wrong diagnostically, but said there are a handful of customers that have had problems with SD storage and that it appears to only happen with a 32gb card. They are ordering me a replacement phone and suggested I avoid using a 32gb card in it....use should used either a 16gb or 64gb card as a precaution. So I guess I will be buying ANOTHER sd card and wait to see if this solves the problem.

I have had a considerable amount of frustration with this issue so I decided to post in case anyone else is having a similar problem.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
I have tried numerous things with no success. Im afraid I have lost my pictures. All 2099 of them =( I found some guy on the Internet that says he can fix it with a program that recovers missing, deleted ir corrupted pictures. I think I might try him and spend the $50 to see if it works. I'm very upset. Not sure what happened. I don't know if my phone was dropped and it scrambled the sd card or what. But losing these 2099 pictures really have me going in loops.