Picking up a Thunderbolt? State your reasons why...

Woodstorm

Reaction score
Because my Eris is dying a slow, agonizing death.

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I'm getting one, but I'm keeping my original droid too...I've wanted to try out a sense phone for a while especially because XDA has a lot of good devs for the HTCs...got an upgrade to use and if something is announced in a couple months i'll sell the tb on ebay...sounds like a win/win to me!

+ it's verizon's version of the evo...yes please.

gorf79

Reaction score
I will be getting it because I need to replace my iPhone 3G and move to a new carrier that works a lil better in my area.

derekmiller12

Reaction score
I am getting it because right now I have a Blackberry Storm 2 and have heard great things about droids.. Also the sense has me interested..

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was pretty set on getting the D2G because of the physical keyboard...which is why I got the OG Droid from the Omnia. The virtual keyboard was crappy in the Omnia.

I really thought the no physical keyboard was a deal breaker-I have been reading the forum and visited the Verizon store near where I work. My Brother has the DX and I've played with it a lot-I LOVE the size of the display. The manager at the Verizon store said that the Verizon regional phone rep came in last week and demo-ed the Thunderbolt. The manager had a DX and said the keyboard layout was far better and he had no problem typing quickly and accurately with his ham-hands. I never thought I would have a problem with spacing as I'm a woman, but more with responsiveness of the keys. I hate having to re-type because of keys not registering correctly or at all.

I've had an HTC phone before (XV6800) and I really liked it. It was a replacement for the Sammy I730. So I wouldn't mind getting HTC again.

I like the idea of the custom ROMs-I did that a lot with WM. I really want the Hotspot capability. I wire tether now using the app from our friends at June-fabrics. Having it wireless and being able to share it when necessary is a must-have.

I also went to BB and they said that they would have the Thunderbolt as an exclusive item for 2 months! But I couldn't get it there because I'm using my annual upgrade and not a NE2. The person I spoke to wasn't a manager just a sales person, so not sure how much they really knew. The Manager at VZW said they hadn't been told a solid date but the phone rep did say "toward the end of February, so the launch of the iPhone doesn't overshadow the launch Thunderbolt"-since it's the first of the 4G phones.

So waiting again until it's finally released at VZW-hopefully soon........

atpjoe

Reaction score
I'm getting the Bolt due to my aging Eris running out of track as far as dev work goes. Time to get a device that is nasty hardware wise that will be going strong for a while with the software that gets cranked out over time.

Woodstorm

Reaction score
I'm getting the Bolt due to my aging Eris running out of track as far as dev work goes. Time to get a device that is nasty hardware wise that will be going strong for a while with the software that gets cranked out over time.

Amen. The Eris ROM development has dropped off significantly as of late. I think I will try out the CM7 port as my last tinker with it just so I can see it then... to the back up phone drawer with stock OS.

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I don't need dual core yet, as technology it'll be underutilized & buggy at first. Software on Bionic will probably cause some lag, even though hardware is powerful. Second gen Snapdragon on TB has been tried and tested, so bugs will be worked out, it'll be super fast and smooth, HTC has been using its software for awhile. I prefer HTC & Sense to Moto & Blur. I don't need HDMI port. 32GB microSD card included. TB has more RAM. TB has kickstand, external speaker. TB is releasing much sooner, can't wait to upgrade much longer. TB is easier to permanently root and will have much more developer support (more tweakable, customizable). HTC gets update support before all others. TB looks better (personal preference). TB has better FFC and possibly even better rear facing camera. TB has integrated Skype ("baked-in"). Bionic's advantages are not close to sway me from TB. I was on the fence at first, but after extensive research I clearly prefer TB.

TasteMyDNA

Reaction score
I'm getting it for the following reasons:
1) I just won one....
2) Have the Incredible.... love it... and only expect the Thunderbolt to be bigger, better, and faster. :)
3) Had Motorola Droid (It was okay for it's time, but my daughter uses it now and it's glitchy. Had the Motorola Droid X, and it froze often, or needed battery pulls daily, so I went back to the Incredible.

M

Mwsr

Because I now have a fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Arachnidus

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my Droid 2 on the upgrade program they were offering back in August when it first released, but now I want to get a Thunderbolt. Problem is, I don't have an upgrade or $779 to spend on one. Any chance I can bludgeon Verizon into moving my last New Every 2 upgrade into, say, now?

dll1477

Reaction score
good comments in here and good sound functional reaons to buy the TB. I'll add one more: it represents the best chance, should VZW raise the price on 4G data plans at a later date, to grandfather in at $30/mo ($24 for me. yay). I'm accelerating my last "early upgrade" and forfieting my last remaing NE2 upgrade to get in on this possibility. here's hoping the 4G data plans will start out the same as they are now, and that they dont release the TB with a 4G surcharge.

v4npro

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the TB over my DroidX. Unlocked bootloader and it's HTC is my reason.