Picked up the Galaxy S3 today

carguy

Reaction score
Quite the piece of hardware! Nice upgrade from my Droid X :)

Sent from my Gs3 while driving

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've fought long and hard, trying not to get the s3... nice device.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
The Maxx HD is what they should have released last year. Then we would be comparing the iPhone5 to motorola. I think they are late to the game. Motorola is just trying to milk all they can from the same Razr. Razr, then razr maxx, then razr hd, then razr maxx hd. My goodness, why so many iterations of the same phone. It would be different if they were adding more gizmos and gadgets, but as far as i can tell it is the same razr with a bigger battery and the HD screen. My brother got the Razr when it first came out. Every variation since has just been a slap in the face of those that supported Motorola from the beginning.
That battery is something to cherish though. Wish other manufacturers could figure out their secret.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No! He's seems like the only other guy waiting for the Maxx HD with me :D

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

dont worry he'll get that too.... he's a phone hoarder lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jwilly216

Reaction score
I just got mine as well! :)
The past couple days I've been in the most intense "honeymoon phase" I've ever had- at least since I got my first n64 with super Mario 64. I'm gushing with love- all my friends are jealous

P.s.
Off topic warning
I'm choosing this thread to say this simply because everyone in here seems friendly so this shouldn't cause any controversy.
Do you ever realize and/or get get annoyed with how many miserable people there are in the android community that constantly hate on other people and in particular- they love to make smart Alex comments that are meant to make other people look/sound stupid or make fun of their phone or intelligence....not to be understood because the majority of us are nice, technologically friendly people that just want to help...but it seems like too many people get a kick out of acting "cool"on the internet by making comments that they think.Are.funny by fighting or just purely making fun of other people. They love to make other people look stupid to make themselves feel smart. Stop criticising each other!

Last edited:

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Stop criticising each other!
Really. This coming from the person that chose to call me "unhappy, grouchy and then said one love" because i responded to a question you asked in another thread. I'm not sure how you took offense to my post. It certainly wasn't intentional.

Scott0719

Reaction score
I just ordered the S3. I should get it tomorrow. I have the first Droid Razr. At first I loved it. Its the best phone i've ever had. Then I had to charge it half way through the day when i'm at work and I began to fall out of love with it. I should be able to use my phone the way I want without having to turn off just about everything just to save battery life.

So I hope the S3 can do that for me. I think it can. I also like the option of getting an extended battery if I feel like its necessary. maybe even just as a back up at least. or if I am going to be out and away from a charger for a while. The only downside I can see so far to the S3 is that it isnt global ready. That bothers me for some reason. I wouldn't even use it except for next year on vacation. I just found it strange that this top of the line phone doesn't have something that all the other phones that I compared it to have.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I just ordered the S3. I should get it tomorrow. I have the first Droid Razr. At first I loved it. Its the best phone i've ever had. Then I had to charge it half way through the day when i'm at work and I began to fall out of love with it. I should be able to use my phone the way I want without having to turn off just about everything just to save battery life.

So I hope the S3 can do that for me. I think it can. I also like the option of getting an extended battery if I feel like its necessary. maybe even just as a back up at least. or if I am going to be out and away from a charger for a while. The only downside I can see so far to the S3 is that it isnt global ready. That bothers me for some reason. I wouldn't even use it except for next year on vacation. I just found it strange that this top of the line phone doesn't have something that all the other phones that I compared it to have.
the only time i have had to charge my phone in the middle of the day was when i was listening to 5+ hours of iHeart radio. this blows the Razr out of the water. And it charges much faster than the Razr. as for the world phone, it is a bit of a let down, but i just plan to use my wifes Rezound if we need a phone outside the US. and who knows. maybe they will discover in a year that is actually is a world phone. Thats what happened with the Rezound.

Nick90

Reaction score
I was suppose to get my S3 today but ups screwed me because instead of no signature required they changed it so when I got home from work it wasn't there. Also called ups to find out the hours of the hub where my phone now is but I wasn't allowed to have that info for some reason. But anyway switching from the Maxx to the $3

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Odd thread on many levels but.... Congrats on the S3. I have had ALL the Droids currently have an X, a Razr, A RazrMaxx and an S3. Been carrying the S3 now for a couple months.
The Maxx used to make it a day plus some of the next (what good was that?) my S3 makes the whole day and has about 40-50% remaining so, I charge it at night like I always used to do in the normal world before trying to see how long the battery would last world arrived. Whatever.
Both great phones, preferring the S3 for what its worth. If I need to post pics of ALL mentioned I guess I could do that but .... probably won't believe me or not.