1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

(pic) what the heck is this and how do u get rid of it

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by ImJustMeow, Mar 18, 2013.

1. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

ForumRunner_20130318_124431.png

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Droid Forums
  2. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Who knows... maybe Verizon is just having fun with us today. PS. Is that a pic of you in the bathroom?
  3. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

I don't see anything out of the ordinary there, what are you trying to point out?
  4. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

I clicked on the pic you showed that you had a question on, and the background (I have a big monitor) looks checkered like a bathroom. Sorry. Just had to ask...
  5. dezymond

Lol, I meant the OP.

My best guess is she's wondering about that word list so....that word list is for when Android thinks you mistyped something and brings that up to replace that "incorrect" (red underlined/highlighted) word.
  6. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

Right, on my old phone i was able to get rid of that but i can't remember how

7. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

And yes, lol, my contact picture in My texts is me in the mirror in the bathroom at chuck e. cheese's lol

8. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

LOL, ok, thought that checkered background looked familiar.

Can I ask you a question? HOW IN THE EFF do you find files.... with this so called "File Explorer?"

I asked the other guy and as usual, crickets.
  9. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

Files for what? Lol what are you trying to do?

10. dezymond

Check the settings of the keyboard you're using and it might be "word suggestions" or something along those lines. I forget off the top of my head. It looks like you're using a 3rd party keyboard so you may want to look at the Android keyboard settings as well.
  11. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

I found it lol. It wasn't in the settings for swiftkey(what I'm using) it was the spell checker in the language and input section. How i didn't see that is beyond me lol. First on the list lol.

12. dezymond

As on your computer, files are sorted out on your Android device in folders. A file explorer allows access to these folders in a similar way that your PC shows folders in your window. If you know where your files are located you can access them in your Android device with a file explorer app
  13. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

I went to file explorer directly on the phone, I typed in Eminem. NOTHING. I dont know. I give up on it for now. Its probably because the song files I am looking for were on the SD card already, when it was in my old "dumb phone", that is the only logical explanation to as why this Droid is not seeing them....yet they are MP3 files...
  14. pblakk

pblakk New Member

Ok I know that's a SwiftKey theme, right? Just from what I can make out of that screenshot.... my guess is you're running SwiftKey on "top" of, obviously, a 3rd party SMS app, Handcent, uhhhhhhhh whatever other one, GO sms? Anyway, looks like those are just the word suggestions based on SwiftKey's predictive text. Since it's layered on top of the 3rd party SMS app, it brings up a list instead of the horizontally placed word boxes you'd see with our stock android SMS app... ??

wow...this thread went fast...

EDIT: HAH, nice you found it.... sorry for the late response, but thx for updating. BTW, yeah I can't imagine not using SwiftKey anymore.. it's crazy good.
  15. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

Swiftkey is annoying right now. I can't for the life of me get it to type the word too without actually typing it out. And some words it just won't type at all no matter how many times i try. Like i tried to type begging and it kept typing being. And i can't get it to type it's, i get is. And it won't type wasn't, it throws up want every damn time lol. And correcting typos that SWIFTKEY makes is a pain in the ass. Why can't i just flow over the apostrophe while typing the word? And why can't i type double letters. It won't type three either.

16. dezymond

How long have you been using swiftkey? It does take awhile to learn your typing style, but over time it'll get better.

You may want to start over and clear the data of the app as well if you want to try to get a fresh start and have it relearn all your typing
  17. DoubleTapp89

DoubleTapp89 New Member

I've been using swiftkey for years. And I couldn't go back to any other keyboard. It took awhile for me to get where it would type everything correctly! The only thing I hate about swiftkey it the automatic spacing. I always space after a word and since it does it for me, I double space. Which is annoying.
  18. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

Since the 11th of this month

19. dezymond

Haha yeah I still end up double spacing sometimes but I'm getting used to using the predictive words and entering from there.

It's still definitely learning how you type especially if you didn't sync it with anything (FB, email, etc. at the initial setup). You can easily start over if you wish.
  20. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

I just started over today because i had to reset my phone. And i synced it with Facebook and my Gmail today