Pic Leaks of the Sony Xperia C650X Odin Showing Off 5-Inch Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-5-inch-odin-phablet.jpeg

Could the 5-inch phone size start to become the new norm? Based upon this new slew of 5-inch devices coming out it certainly seems to be a possibility. Of course Samsung got the ball rolling with their OG Galaxy Note. Then others got in on the act, like LG and HTC. Now we have pics confirming that Sony is banking on the potential for a "phablet" market.

Not too long ago we shared that Sony would be launching their own large sized Android smartphone that would be codenamed, Odin. Today, we have pics of this beastly device, complete with that 5-inch display. Supposedly this phone will come with the S4 Snapdragon Pro quad-core chip and 2GB of RAM, although not many other details are known at this time. Of course, we will share more info as it becomes available. In the mean-time, what do you guys think of this new "phablet" trend? Is it a passing fad, or a new paradigm?

Source: TalkAndroid

npro1464

Reaction score
I notice there are no capactive buttons... could this be the Sony Nexus? #wishfulthinking

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd buy that for a dollar. Odds are we'll get screwed by VZ and not even have it as an option though.

52brandon

Reaction score
The only way I can deal with those big ass screens is if the go bezel-less and no physical buttons. Otherwise, they will be uncomfortably huge

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could the 5-inch phone size start to become the new norm? Based upon this new slew of 5-inch devices coming out it certainly seems to be a possibility. Of course samsung got the ball rolling with their og galaxy note. Then others got in on the act, like lg and htc. Now we have pics confirming that sony is banking on the potential for a "phablet" market.

I hope not....

I know there is a market for it and ppl want it....I just dont.