[PIC] Is This The Samsung Galaxy S 3?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sgs3_4.jpeg

Was GSM Helpdesk Netherlands just provided a photo of the Samsung Galaxy S 3? According to the site, yes they have. An anonymous source has supposedly provided them with an actual press photo of the ever elusive and much talked about handset. The Helpdesk said they were also provided the official specs.
  • 12 megapixel camera (accompanied by an LED flash that offer several nice options like slow motion, time-lapse and full HD video recording)
  • 4.7 inch Super Plus HD AMOLED display with a rez of 720 x 1280 pixels
  • 1750 mAh battery removable battery
  • 8 mm thick, approximately 125 grams in weight with dimensions measuring 131 mm long x 64 mm wide
  • 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
  • 32 gigabytes of internal memory with 1 GB of RAM
  • memory card slot is not known
This should all be taken with the proverbial grain of salt because this phone is being kept under very tight wraps. The likelihood of an actual press release pic hitting the webs this early is pretty much slim to none. Stranger things have happened of course, but we are not holding our breath on this one. Agree or disagree? Please sound off in the comments.

Source. GSM Helpdesk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The visuals of the phone aren't as important to me as the hardware of it and if it will be able to be unlocked.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
No, that's the old S2 photo that has been around seemingly forever! With the new screen res, 5 icons fit along the dock.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I seriously would doubt it having any physical buttons on the front. That would seriously be going backwards.

Physical buttons have their place. Not all phone manufacturers want phones that look the same as every other phone. Also, people are use to physical buttons on their phone's screen. If the bezel is small enough, does it really matter?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am ready to hear some real specs on this phone.. i really doubt these are it .. just my .02.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With an Android 2.3 notification bar? Not a chance. These Photoshop(pers) are getting lazy.

Jahmakan

Reaction score
With an Android 2.3 notification bar? Not a chance. These Photoshop(pers) are getting lazy.

My thoughts exactly... ever since my GS II received the ICS upgrade, the signal bars and battery metre looks different than what is pictured here. Don't see why they would revert to the past..

ezizzle95

Reaction score
Physical buttons have their place. Not all phone manufacturers want phones that look the same as every other phone. Also, people are use to physical buttons on their phone's screen. If the bezel is small enough, does it really matter?
That can kinda go both ways, every android phone up until this point has had soft keys. But then again they had to because of the software. Also the htc one x (which I think is coming with ICS out of the box) has 3 soft keys. So I think Its just what the makers want to do. But the gnex is made by samsung so they could possibly follow the trend of software buttons. Also its kinda easy to see this is fake seeing as theres a gingerbread battery icon along with the status bar itself :happy3: just my opinion.

champaned_out

Reaction score
1750 mAh battery? id rather have a phone be a bit thicker so it can at least have a 2000+ mAh battery then to have to keep it on a charger every chance i get