pic for "ME" icon?

Kimmynsc

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the smart phone world. I have figured most things out so far but one! I'd like to have a picture of something on my "me" icon while viewing text messages at the moment it is the default droid guy. Anyone please? :)

Thanks,
Kimmy

OP
K

Kimmynsc

Reaction score
I'd like to add..In my contacts I can have a picture with my name. But not in the messaging section. still says me and little droid guy :)

TY
Kimmy

willnay98

Reaction score
Pic of Me

Add your pic to #Warranty Center contact. It will still say me while using texting but you'll see yourself!

OP
K

Kimmynsc

Reaction score
thank you for replying..but I do not understand what #Warranty Center contact means :) could you elaborate?

TY,
Kimmy

willnay98

Reaction score
Pic of Me

FIRST QUESTION: Are you on Verizon? If so Look in your phone contact list for a contact called #Warranty Center. It should be near the top of the list with the other standard Verizon contacts such as #MIN and #Data.

Select the contact then use the far left button on the bottom of the phone and choose "edit contact" . Touch the gray square on the top left and pick a pic from your photo gallery to use.

Once you choose the pic it will become your pic while texting.

Last edited:

sonnydroid

Reaction score
I'm on Verizon but don't have #Warranty Center under my contact list. I just have #BAL #Data #MIN and #PMT.
I did it by saving my phone number "Me" to my contacts and setting a picture to it.

Btw, what's the phone number listed for #Warranty Center?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

willnay98

Reaction score
There are 2 numbers listed. The first under mobile is 1-866-406-5154
The second under home is your cell#.

The 866 # calls Verizon.

OP
K

Kimmynsc

Reaction score
I just have #BAL #Data #MIN and #PMT./QUOTE]

i dont have any of those.. I just touched and held on the blank "me" icon on a message and up popped a screen for the gallery

TY everyone

thunder2

Reaction score
All you have to do is open your me contact and go to edit. When the screen comes up just press and hold the gray box in the top left corner with the camera in it. A box will pop up and you can choose to take a picture or get one from your gallery. Idk why everyone is saying put it under #warranty center.