Physical keyboard question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Droid3Guy, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Droid3Guy

Droid3Guy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm most likely going to be getting this phone in a couple of weeks when my T-Mobile contract expires. I was just wondering how tough it is to type on the keyboard? I remember trying out the original droid and it seemed like the keyboard buttons were very stiff. Then again, that's in a store where hundreds of people were messing with it. Anyway, just wondering what your opinions are on the keyboard, pros and cons. Thanks.

2. akhi216

akhi216 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It's pretty simple and you get used to it after using it for 2-3 days. If you're used to HTC phone keyboards you're gonna feel that the keys could have been arranged differently, but after the 2-3 days you won't think of it that way.

The keys have average stiffness; they're not so stiff that it would be next to impossible to speed type but stiff enough that 2 years from the day that you buy the phone you won't have them so worn down that the phone registers a keypress if you lightly brush them.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

3. KillVolume

KillVolume New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far the keyboard has been the most well regarded aspect of the phone, in most reviews. I've seen a good amount of quotes saying that it's the best physical keyboard on the market.
    If you're looking for a good, relatively high-end, current phone, then it's pretty much your only choice anyway if you require actual buttons.

4. random190user44

Ratings:
    +0
    The keyboard on this phone is the best keyboard ever, for a phone. In my opinion of course. Its very spacious, the keys have a nice 'click' to them, and it has a number row. I can type 50 wpm on this thing on average. It was designed for speed.

5. MECHANO

MECHANO Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same as everyone else... it's a great keyboard. If you have fairly small hands, it may be a bit too large for you.

6. NoBloatware

NoBloatware Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Why not go into a verizon store and see for yourself?

7. Rocky

Rocky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Both the physical and the touch keyboard are great. I prefer to feel as I type, though. Better keyboard than the Droid 1 and 2.