Physical Keyboard Mod

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by polarshark, Apr 1, 2010.

1. polarshark

polarshark New Member

I love my physical keyboard, it was one of my prerequisites when I chose the Droid.

I am looking for an app similar to KeyCaps600 on the Treo. It mods the physical keyboard so that a long press gives you uppercase and double clicking a letter gives you the ALT character. It speeds up typing immensely.

I believe this could be a money maker for someone out there.
  2. k1ng617

k1ng617 New Member

Yes I would love that. I don't get why a long press is wasted on those weird characters that I have not used even once yet. I like your idea but rather it be reversed long press alt, and double press cap.
  3. Droid > ...

Droid > ... New Member

hell yeah... +1 for this. I, too, MUST have a physical keyboard... every phone I have owned since the LG vx-9800 (thats right: the enV's ugly-ass, 4"-thick older brother) has had a QWERTY keyboard... I LOVE the droid, but it, honestly, has one of the worst keyboards I've ever used. I think an app that can reduce the amount of SHIFT and ALT keypresses would be amazing...

To all the really smart, super badass devs out there:

Please make this happen...
  4. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

I agree that would be cool, but I rarely ever use the physical keyboard. I feel that I can type faster with the soft keyboard. The only time I really use the physical keyboard is when Im using the terminal or running emulators.
  5. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck New Member

That app would be cool if it had some user selections... then you could customize what you want done on double tap or long press... like if I long press the period *.* it comes out K.com*
  6. k1ng617

k1ng617 New Member

I am ok with the physical dimensions and even the flatness, but the procedures in my mind are just plain stupid. Why would someone want an n s or g w/ those squigglies on top instead of a " ! or _?
Search tags for this page
android character picker mod physical keyboard
android keyboard addons physical
android keyboard mod
keyboard android mod

keyboard physical presser

moto x physical keyboard
physical keyboard moto x
physical keyboard presser