Physical/Cosmetic Issue with droid am i the only one?

shanerf

Reaction score
when you slide the phone open and take a look at the back piece behind the screen, you will notice a clear film stuck there. I assume it's to allow the phone to slide open and shut without scaring the plastic. well my plastic film is all chewed up and causing it to be a pain in my ass to open and close. is this something i can just peel off and everything be OK, or should i take it to verizon and make them deal with it?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Take it off, its meant to be taken off.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I pulled mine off. Just dont tear your phone in half -- I've heard some horror stories of people destroying their phones trying to get at that plastic with too much gusto.

droidemere

Reaction score
Ha, I had the same problem for a long time..Till I realized, it's meant to come off..just like the plastic that comes on the front of the screen..It looks a lot cleaner when you take it off..

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I took mine off after I wore a grove into it and it was peeling on its own.

notamamasboy

Reaction score
Hah... had this phone for almost 6 months... just realized the film... good thing ignorance is fixable and stupid is not

royta

Reaction score
Where does it say the plastic is supposed to come off?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just take it off. Some guy asked Moto/VZW and they said to. Plus, when you think about it, why would they engrave those lines in the back if they just wanted it to be covered.

Last edited:

royta

Reaction score
Just take it off. Some guy asked Moto/VZW and they said to. Plus, when you think about it, why would they engrave those lines in the back if they just wanted it to be covered.

Lines, what lines? I can't see any lines because they're covered. :)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well Moto engraved/painted/engraved and painted lines on the back of the screen. They wouldn't do that and spend money on that if they wanted it to be covered up.