Physical Buttons

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by imreddy, Jun 19, 2011.

1. imreddy

imreddy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone noticed that the back button seems depressed from the other buttons. It seems like with time the back button will get worn out. I love the phone, but I'm thinking that it will be an issue like my Droid X.

Feedback please.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

2. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I dont notice that on mine. The phone does have a 1 year warranty so if anything happens with the button then you can just get a replacement.

3. imreddy

imreddy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response. I've had it for a month and noticed that. It slightly depressed, but I'm so anal about my phones.

4. k186

k186 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My first Charge did not have this issue (at least not that I remember). I just got it replaced because there was a loose piece inside the phone.

My brand new charge from the store definitely has the back button depressed slightly, and softer to push down on (won't give as firm of a click feedback that the other buttons do), and I only noticed it now.

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAAAZYYY. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to be, but I think I would have noticed if my first Charge did this too, so I doubt this is how it's supposed to be.

Anyone else want to verify this?

#4 k186, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  5. imreddy

imreddy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's in fact driving me nuts! Are you gonna take it back. I've had my change for a month and paid full retail. I think that my phone should be perfect; especially if it's no fault of mine. What should I do? Verizon may think that I'm going crazy.

6. k186

k186 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It depends on responses here. I'm also noticing my menu button is a little "softer" too.

I don't know, it definitely sucks to think you might have a manufacturing or mechanical defect, but this might just be normal and common across many of the devices. In which case, you're probably better off living with it than waiting to go through a warranty process during which you probably won't have a phone and you won't know if you'll get one that's much better.

7. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the type of problem I was having with the Thunderbolt power button. I'm really anal about my phones also. But so far with the Charge, all the buttons seem the same.

8. imreddy

imreddy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna see if it will progressively get worse. I'm anal about my phones. I can see if I had the phone for six months; I would expect normal wear on the phone, but it has only been a month. I guess I'll live with it for now.

Thanks for your response.

9. rlb

rlb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This seems to be a plague for a lot of VZW Android phones. I'm guessing the chassis supporting the buttons on these phones isn't as strong as you'd normally expect since the manufacturers are trying to make phones as slim as possible.

This has been my experience so far:
    Original Droid: Power button no longer clicks, permanently "depressed" on three devices
    DroidX: Same problem as above with volume rocker

Now it's the Charge....
    Someone mentioned it with the Thunderbolt

At least it's not specific to any one phone manufacturer :blush:

And physical buttons is the one thing that's giving me reservations about the Charge.

10. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    The buttons on my X are loose. I wish they were softkeys like the Droid1 and Droid2.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

11. imreddy

imreddy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue with my Droid X. I initially had reservations about the Charge too. I didn't think that it would have the same issue that my X had. This is a design flaw. I'm beginning to have regrets about getting the phone. The phone is great minus the physical buttons.