Photos won't upload to Google+ photos

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Discussions' started by Lulu11, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Lulu11

Lulu11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I just got my Note 4 & one of the features I was really excited about was the camera (after years of phones with cruddy cameras). But I took a few photos yesterday & went to upload them directly from the camera viewer, and when I try to upload to "Photos" (Google+ Photos) nothing happens. I get the popup that says upload photos to xxxxx@gmail.com and I hit upload, but then nothing. Nothing happens in the notification bar to indicate that any activity is taking place & no photos show up in my Google+ Photos account.

Just to test it out, I turned on auto backup, and that worked, the photos showed up in my Google+ Photos account. So the phone is able to connect to my account, there's no problem there. But when I try to manually upload an individual photo (which is how I prefer to do it - I really don't want to use auto backup), I get nothing.

(Also, just for some additional info, I am able to email and text photos directly from the camera viewer. And I am able to manually upload to Google+ Photos using a third party app. But no direct uploading to Photos straight from the camera). Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. grenefroggie

grenefroggie Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Nexus 5
    If you go in to Settings > Accounts > Google.
    Select the account you wish to use for Google+. Make sure Google+ and Google+ Photos both have check marks in the boxes.

3. Lulu11

Lulu11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, they are both checked. My "Photos" account is definitely connected to the phone, because auto backup works. I am only having the problem when I try to manually (i.e. individually) upload photos. But I don't want to have to keep auto backup on, because I take way more photos than I actually want to upload.

Search tags for this page

google plus wont upload photography

google plus wont upload photos

google plus wont upload photos sony
phone wont upload to google
samsung photos wont upload to google plus