Photos with Flash

spegoda

Reaction score
My husband and I both have the DX2, mine has a pink/white cover and his is blue/black Trident. I noticed that when I take pics with flash on my phone there is a pink hue to the photos. I thought it was just mine, but then my husband said on his he has a blue hue when he uses the flash. So, I am assuming it is the covers? As much as I paid for these covers and the level of protection they provide, I would really hate to give them up. Its not a deal breaker for my husband but it is on the verge of being for me. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a camera setting or maybe something I can do to remedy this? It only happens when we use the flash.

robert70

Reaction score
Really you have the options of not using the flash or taking the cover off to take pics or this is what I would do, if its that big of a problem, find yourself some flat black model car paint and paint the edges of the case in the camera opening, let it dry and put the phone back in and take a few pics,

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
spegoda

spegoda

Reaction score
As I said, It doesn't bother my husband much. But about midnight last night I went outside on my front porch and there were deer in the front yard. I quickly got my phone out to take a pic and BAM, all pink. Cannot see the deer. LOL Of course the flash and my quick movement, I didn't get a second chance nor was there time to take the cover off. LOL But if painting the camera opening black is all there is to it, I can handle that. I guess I am just curious if anyone has actually does this and does it really work?

Really you have the options of not using the flash or taking the cover off to take pics or this is what I would do, if its that big of a problem, find yourself some flat black model car paint and paint the edges of the case in the camera opening, let it dry and put the phone back in and take a few pics,

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums