Photos Taken With Your Droid 4

DSM4rill

Reaction score
Any advice on taking good pictures? Most of mine end up terribly grainy, but sometimes it takes a crystal-clear shot like you'd expect with an 8mp camera. Any tricks for how be good with auto-focus + lighting? Last camera I used regularly was film you develop, non-digital.

word. i second that.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Here's mine, shot in panorama mode.
View attachment 51879

Going Buggy!
46c20875-d3ad-9ec7.jpg

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any advice on taking good pictures? Most of mine end up terribly grainy, but sometimes it takes a crystal-clear shot like you'd expect with an 8mp camera. Any tricks for how be good with auto-focus + lighting? Last camera I used regularly was film you develop, non-digital.

1. Make sure your lens is clean. Most camera phone shots turn out terrible because people don't realize that they smudge all over it, constantly.
2. Use the focus square (touch the screen). You can take clear pictures with decent aperture by focusing on a subject. Use the square and drag or click on the subject you wish to focus, then take the picture.
3. Make sure you have as much light as possible. Try using your flash during the day and no flash at night. You'd be surprised at the quality differences.
4. Try a third party app. I like CameraZOOM FX because I can click the screen to focus first and shoot second. Which helps with the speed of the shot. FastBurst Camera is a great novelty app for taking pics of things like kids and pets (since they're always on the go).

Here's a couple pics I've taken:

CameraZOOM FX:
CameraZOOM-20120712153744502.jpg

Stock Camera:
2012-07-23_10-48-46_706.jpg

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel like the camera is pretty decent, given the right conditions.

CameraZOOM-20120727124707733.jpg

OP
debdroid1a

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I received the update this morning and took this pic this afternoon.

The second is a screen shot because it kept saying it crashed and would attach. I don't see how to delete it.

tutorialbs

Reaction score
1. Make sure your lens is clean. Most camera phone shots turn out terrible because people don't realize that they smudge all over it, constantly.
2. Use the focus square (touch the screen). You can take clear pictures with decent aperture by focusing on a subject. Use the square and drag or click on the subject you wish to focus, then take the picture.
3. Make sure you have as much light as possible. Try using your flash during the day and no flash at night. You'd be surprised at the quality differences.
4. Try a third party app. I like CameraZOOM FX because I can click the screen to focus first and shoot second. Which helps with the speed of the shot. FastBurst Camera is a great novelty app for taking pics of things like kids and pets (since they're always on the go).
TY! I tried a cameraZOOM and ALL my shots are crystal clear now! There must be something wrong with the stock auto-focus software... don't you think?

Congrats, btw! That's the clearest shot of an umbilical cord I've ever seen. Cool!

tutorialbs

Reaction score
The ICS update claims an improved camera. Anybody try this out?
Ya. It's better than I remember GB being, which isn't saying much. I installed 3rd party focusing software now, though, because it gives more control and is still clearer, imho.