1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Photos of the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X - for the Motorola Droid X

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, Sep 11, 2010.

1. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Okay, it’s show time! You guys have been asking, begging, demanding and imploring me for photos of the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X. Here's a small sampling that will hopefully satisfy you for a little bit. I’ll follow up when time permits with the other colors (walnut, cherry, white, oak and mahogany).

Basically, this EVOLUTION X is about 3/8” longer than a standard EVOLUTION, and the same height. The backrest gets the biggest change. Obviously the horizontal inlay stripe is gone, and replaced with a brushed aluminum inlay configured as an X. Guess why? :)

The left side of the backrest is recessed 3/16” for the projection of the upper portion of the back of the Droid X, which houses the camera lens. This enables the phone to lie flat when placed on the cradle.

The chrome pegs have been reduced in number, down from five to four. There is plenty of clearance for both the MicroUSB port and the HDMI port - so cable connections will be no issue.

The backrest also has a magnet installed for the Multimedia Mode, similar to the Droid I and II - but in a different location.

There are other subtle differences - the backrest is now squared off on the upper edge, losing the radius found on the standard EVOLUTION. The backrest has also gone on a diet - although it is longer than prior models, it has been slimmed down for for a more sleek look. The sizing of this model facilitates the option of using all covers currently on the market today - with no need to remove the cover to utilize the features of this dock. This has been the driving purpose of all MIKRADLES since it's inception back in Dec/'09.

The backrest is covered with a protective felt backing - as are all MIKRADLES.

This model is offered in custom configurations (as all MIKRADLES). Options include different inlay materials (aluminum, brass, metals, carbon fiber, vinyl, cloth, etc.) Pegs are available in polished brass as well as the chrome. Colors are available in any color you can imagine. Sports models are also a custom option with color schemes to match teams, as well as team logos on the left and right panels. The X inlay can also be substituted with the number for your favorite player.

The price of this MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X model (any of the six standard colors) is $45.99 for registered forum members, and if you wish to include the 6' MicroUSB Cable, that is an additional $4.00. Shipping is free (Continental States only). To order, simply send a PayPal payment to my account name at: lubrich@optonline.net You must include your forum user name, choice of color, cable (if needed) and a current shipping address.

That’s about all for now. You asked - MIKRADLE answered.

UPDATE: Scroll down to Post #9 to see all six colors of the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X:

MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. chucklehead

chucklehead New Member

Thanks Mike!

I, for one, didn't give up on you. I know you've had some serious issues to deal with lately and for that I am truly and deeply sorry. I will respectively be waiting for my order (though with bated breath) and am in no hurry for it. When it comes it comes.

Thanks!

PS - The pics are great!!
  3. cuskit

cuskit New Member

chucklehead, thanks for those words! I appreciate your loyalty and tenacious patience.. I feel confident that these photos will show that your patience has paid off - this model is very unique in style and of the utmost quality. It may look basic, but for any that have ever tinkered with building anything - they will appreciate how much detail work is involved with such a basic design. The recessed back and "x" inlay are tedious and time consuming to create - no magic here - just patient hands and attention to intricate fit and finish. I take huge pride in my work and hope that all will appreciate my handiwork on this particular model.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the next day or so posting more photos of the other colors, as well as some comparison shots showing my lineup side by side.

mikey :)
  4. GixxerDroid

GixxerDroid New Member

The stand looks great. Glad I ordered one dancedroid
  5. Melinda1c

Melinda1c New Member

Looks great worth the wait.:icon_ banana:
  6. IDGBZ71

IDGBZ71 New Member

Dock looks great as i would expect after seeing the other docks really like the personal touch with the X inlay
  7. theecigarman

theecigarman New Member

Mike, I am only on the board limited amount of times lately. When I come back, I am completely blown away at the updates to your great product line. Have you decided if you are going to do any customizing? I am thinking CF for the X...... or even vinyl overlay cf for the X.....

Now, where can I find a CF case? :icon_eek:

G
  8. focalfury

focalfury New Member

I would also love to see the different options in overlays and colors in some photos.
    Black looks great but I'd like to see some other options.

Thanks
    looking forward to these so I can make a purchase.
  9. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Droid X Dock - MIKRADLE EVOLUION X - In Full Color!

Looking for colors? Check out this group! Here's the other five colors for the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X (cherry, oak, mahogany, walnut and white).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

To see the difference side by side between the Standard MIKRADLE EVOLUTION and the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X, here ya go:
    [​IMG]
  10. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Looks amazing Mike. :)
  11. WhosToBlame

WhosToBlame New Member

Sexy

10char
  12. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

I can't wait! :)

-Mike
  13. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Announcement:

MIKRADLE will not be taking any new orders for the next week or so. Due to quite a bit of back orders and some confusion as to which orders I've shipped or not, I'm temporarily freezing any new orders until I have all back orders straightened out and shipped. I apologize for this inconvenience, but feel obligated to those whom have place orders already and wish to accommodate getting them all shipped out before taking any new orders.

I do this with reluctance, but do so in fairness to my present customers. I had thought in the last two weeks I would be caught up. This has not yet happened due to a significant amount of orders that had been placed while I was not 100% on top of them (as many of you already know). Therefore I am dedicating to satisfying every single order placed prior to today before opening up to more orders. I will place an announcement here at that time.

Meanwhile - I do appreciate those who have been patient (may I call them Saints) and Lord willing will be able to make them all happy within the next week. I have closed my regular cabinet shop to concentrate on MIKRADLE this present week.

Any questions should be directed to: mikey06@optonline.net rather than PM here as I will not be monitoring this site daily until I'm caught up. Thanks again - mikey
  14. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Announcement (bump)

For the time being, MIKRADLE is not taking any new orders, at least until sometime next week. Because of a backlog of orders that are late shipping, I am devoted to cleaning up every outstanding order by the end of this coming weekend. I feel this is the only fair shake for present customers awaiting their orders. Many orders were mixed up, some notified of shipped when they were not, some shipped double orders, and in general just a big mess. On my shoulders lies the complete responsibility for this mess, and I'm stopping the confusion now.

To any and all who are not satisfied with waiting until at least this weekends end for their order to ship (by 12:00 noon, Monday, Oct 11, EST), please send me mail at: mikey06@optonline.net and I will immediately refund your money - no hard feelings whatsoever. Your payments all still sit in my PayPal account since the day you placed the funds there. I do not withdraw any money until customers have received their order and stated satisfaction. Which to date - every customer has been completely happy with my product - 100%!

I will go on record here stating that I AM doing all that is humanly possible to fulfill all orders by the end of this coming weekend (to clarify - shipped by 12:00 noon, Monday, Oct 11, EST). Should any order not be sent by that time - I will forego payments, refunding in full those orders and allowing those customers to keep their MIKRADLE for free. And believe me, I'd prefer to be paid, but feel my reputation is placed on a much higher platform than any money amount. I am honorable and value my name a lot more than any payments.
    Edit: Is has just been pointed out that USPS is closed due to Monday being a holiday (Columbus Day), so shipping will be completed when they open on Tuesday morning.

I am ready to announce and reveal a completely new direction for MIKRADLE - a sports line. I cannot begin to state how excited I am about these, yet am holding off with that debut until EVERY SINGLE ORDER TO DATE HAS BEEN SHIPPED! When these are revealed, it will be apparent how serious I was about getting caught up. To be truthful, it is very painful to know that this new series is sitting in the wings, and I can't release it until I'm current. I would hope all appreciate that is is indeed a noble gesture by me! But I do not EVER want to be in the situation I am and have been for the past couple of months. For that reason I will hold off. More on that next week (and only after every current order is 100% shipped).

In closing, I offer my apology to all who have been inconvenienced by the tragic circumstances my family has suffered in recent months. In retrospect, I realize I should have closed down receiving orders until such time that I could in good faith ship all in good time. But I can not turn back the clock now, so this is where I am. And for sure I appreciate the patience by all who have been inconvenienced, and am very happy to be this close to the end of all back orders. I'd like to add also that I am as of today discontinuing use of my courier service for shipping, and will once again (sigh) go back to handling every order myself. For the second time in MIKRADLE history, this type of service has also been a detriment to my shipping schedules. Unfortunate, but I guess this is the price of being between "too small and too big"..

Also, as of the time I reopen for new orders, I will be putting in place a policy that any order placed will be shipped within a five business day period or money will be refunded and order filled for free. That's how serious I am about getting my reputation back to what it was before this back order mess began.

In closing, I thank all. I've enjoyed immensely this experience of designing, building and delivering MIKRADLES, and hope that soon it will be once again the same pleasure I derived since it's inception back in Dec, '09. Thanks - mikey
  15. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Announcement: As of today, every single order has been shipped out USPS First Class Mail (usually 2-5 business days in transit). I will be sending out e-mails within 48 hours to all customers confirming their order has been shipped. I thank all for their enduring patience, it is such a relief to know that for the first time since our tragic family loss that all orders are now completed.

I will still hold off on taking new orders for another couple of days while I recoup from the exhausting effort expended completing these orders, and will post here once I'm back up and running (probably Thursday or Friday).

I am also looking forward to posting details of my new sports line - debuting by weeks end. Thanks again - mikey :)