Photo Tags not seen in Windows

Globetrotter

Reaction score
I am attempting to backup/export photos from my Droid for the first time. The photos appear fine on my Droid and are categorized by 50+ different tags. However in using my PC with Windows 7 64 bit, while it can successfully see the photos still on the phone via USB cable and copy them to the PC, it never sees the tags. I've tried Windows import, manually copying the files after configuring the phone for USB mode, and two different windows photo editing apps. Everything else about the photos is seen and copied correctly in all cases expect the tags.

Now the really weird part. When my phone was cabled up to the PC, I looked at a photo on the phone and using the Windows property box added a pair of test tags - and the photo displays on the Droid with the two new tags!

Verizon had no ideas. The only idea I had is maybe the Global 2 saves tags separate from the photos (similar to how Apple's Itunes does not embedded album images inside mp3s but stores them in a separate folder) and none of the methods I used read the location where the Droid stores the tags.

Anyone have any insight or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!