Photo sync

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get the gallery to sync with Google photos? I have it set in the account settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

geoff5093

Reaction score
Same problem here, worked fine on my N7 and TB running ICS.

dan.dar

Reaction score
I asked that question on Motorola's support forums when I was testing out the Razr M. Their moderator said they were looking into it but besides that they never responded with a fix. The gallery app actually has a link to Verizon's paid cloud backup services (the little cloud in upper left area of the gallery app.) I think that functionality purposely disables free Google online photo sync to get you to go with Verizon.

If we root the phone and replace the built in gallery app with a stock gallery app that might fix it. My phone is in shipment (should have it on Tuesday,) so I can't try that out.

OP
M

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
I asked that question on Motorola's support forums when I was testing out the Razr M. Their moderator said they were looking into it but besides that they never responded with a fix. The gallery app actually has a link to Verizon's paid cloud backup services (the little cloud in upper left area of the gallery app.) I think that functionality purposely disables free Google online photo sync to get you to go with Verizon.

If we root the phone and replace the built in gallery app with a stock gallery app that might fix it. My phone is in shipment (should have it on Tuesday,) so I can't try that out.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm surprisingly happy with the device as it is stock. So far this is the one reason ive found to root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
The gallery app is in system/app and is called Motgallery2.apk. I've got a feeling that simply replacing that with the gallery apk from stock might cause problems. Maybe rename the stock one to what the moto one is now? I'm going to try it.

dan.dar

Reaction score
I think this thread should be posted on XDA forums. They have people there that should be able to fix it no problem.

dan.dar

Reaction score
Great news! All we had to do is root the phone and replace stock apps to fix it. Thanks Verizon!

koftheworld

Reaction score
Great news! All we had to do is root the phone and replace stock apps to fix it. Thanks Verizon!

Actually its a Moto issue since their unified ics updates began rolling out

dan.dar

Reaction score
Actually its a Moto issue since their unified ics updates began rolling out

And whose fault do you think it is that motorola put a link to vzw's cloud services?

koftheworld

Reaction score
And whose fault do you think it is that motorola put a link to vzw's cloud services?

Their special relationship. Honestly, it's not a nexus so there should be no expectation of pure aosp functionality.

koftheworld

Reaction score
True, but every other phone has that functionality except for Motorola's new Razrs.

Are you sure? I think the problem of missing function extends to all Moto phones running ics.