1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Photo ID v1.0

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by waka, Dec 8, 2010.

1. waka

waka New Member

Hello

I'm happy to say I have just released my first Android application dancedroid

Photo ID droid helps to crop a picture to conform the US official requirements for a photo ID acceptable for a passport.

Also the app will generate a photo sheet for easy printing on self-service photo printers, or photo labs. You will save money compared to using photo booths :)

Hope this will be useful to others! Available now on the Android market
    [​IMG]
  2. gmmurphy

gmmurphy New Member

dude, very cool idea. i see you have the specs from the govt. have you used any images from the droid for a passport? has it made it through the knuckle heads in our govt? cause i do this for a living and sometimes i get stuff back. dam i wish i thought of this, freaking awesome if it passes the govt. i grant you a dancing banana :icon_ banana: good luck
  3. waka

waka New Member

I have just developed the application. By chance, my company just requested new photo IDs, and used it for that. No negative feedback at the moment.
    I don't need to renew my passport just yet.

All the indications come from the US governement, I think they understand people have the sufficient equipment to do the photo themselves, and only need guidelines to make proper photos. But any real life feedback is more than welcomed.
  4. waka

waka New Member

Also, I have now released v1.1, localized for Canada, UK, France and Belgium.