Photo Gallery and X2

OP
W

wendee2150

Reaction score
Under your All Apps menu,
  • Select the Social Networking app.
  • Select and hold the profile update notification.
  • When the "Select" menu appears, you will have the option to either Like, Write on wall, Poke, etc.
  • At the very bottom, you will notice the "Hide social activity"
  • Select this option and accept the following prompt.
The update will fall from your gallery and you should be good to go.

The General has spoke...

Ok, General, I got so excited when I saw this that I grabbed up my phone and started looking. Could you tell me where I might find this Social Networking app and what do you consider my All Apps Menu?? I clicked on the icon that brings up all my apps and Social Networking is not among them. So, I went to the settings, manage applications and it is in there in the all apps area. But I can only uninstall it or force stop. So please tell me where I go to find the Social Networking App that will actually let me manipulate it?? Thank you ever so much!!!

Wendy

Hi Wendy, Here is a link that should help.
https://motorola-global-portal.cust...93/~/droid-x2---social-networking-application

The social networking icon is a teal-ish color with three human silhouettes. I believe it is one of the default apps that appear on the x and x2.

Hope this helps!:motdroidvert:
Thank you both so much, but I guess I'm missing something. I found my icon. I clicked on it and all my facebook statuses and friends who made changes to their status come up. But I get no options to make any changes and I've clicked on EVERYTHING. WHAT am I missing??? There is no profile update notification as The General indicated that I am to choose. Where do I find that? Sorry to be so dense...but I don't know where to look any more!

GeneralDukes418

Reaction score
  • When the "Select" menu appears, you will have the option to either Like, Write on wall, Poke, etc.

The General has spoke...

Ok, General, I got so excited when I saw this that I grabbed up my phone and started looking. Could you tell me where I might find this Social Networking app and what do you consider my All Apps Menu?? I clicked on the icon that brings up all my apps and Social Networking is not among them. So, I went to the settings, manage applications and it is in there in the all apps area. But I can only uninstall it or force stop. So please tell me where I go to find the Social Networking App that will actually let me manipulate it?? Thank you ever so much!!!

Wendy

Hi Wendy, Here is a link that should help.
https://motorola-global-portal.cust...93/~/droid-x2---social-networking-application

The social networking icon is a teal-ish color with three human silhouettes. I believe it is one of the default apps that appear on the x and x2.

Hope this helps!:motdroidvert:

Wendy, try this workaround: On your display screen press and hold any free space and select the Motorola widgets. Select the social networking option location closer to the bottom. Click done and you will have a widget display on your desktop. Launch the new widget and you will have the option to See all updates, Widget setting, Add Account. Select See all updates. I found all my recent updates here and hid the profile updates I did not want appearing in my photo gallery. Another thing you may want to do in FB is turn off the notifications there also since your phone is only displaying what you have set in FB.

Cheersdancedroid

OP
W

wendee2150

Reaction score
I give up. My screens did not have all the things you all are telling me to click on and change this and that. I'm a relatively intelligent, college educated woman. But, I am not smarter than a smart phone. And you want the bad news? I deleted my FB app from the Apps management screen. When I opened my photo gallery?? The FB pictures are all still there. I will just have to find another photo gallery app to open the pics on my phone and be done with it. Thanks for all of your help.

srvctec

Reaction score

The General has spoke...

I tried this and it will work, the only caveat is that you would have to do it for every single friend on Facebook you don't want to see photos from. As far as I can tell, there is no global way of excluding all friends' photos from showing up unless you delete FB from your accounts on the DX2.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
W

wendee2150

Reaction score

The General has spoke...

I tried this and it will work, the only caveat is that you would have to do it for every single friend on Facebook you don't want to see photos from. As far as I can tell, there is no global way of excluding all friends' photos from showing up unless you delete FB from your accounts on the DX2.

Srvctec,
when I select the social networking app, I have nothing anywhere that allows me to "Select and hold the profile update notification". So, I believe you when you say it will work. I just need someone to tell me how to get from point A to point B since point B seems to be eluding me.

And if I delete all FB from my DX2; which I did, cleared the cache, uninstalled app, the whole 9 yards...why would I still see a group of FB pics in MY photo gallery? That is what I want to go away. I want to open MY photo gallery and see MY photos FIRST and then IF I want to, choose my online FB friends pics. I just see no reason at all why I should have to use data to look at pictures of people I've never seen before when all I'm trying to do is show someone My dogs, or MY kids, or MY mom or the strange bug that crawled up on MY overhead at work. I ask again, Motorola: is that too much to ask??

Apparently it is.

Sorry...can you tell I'm EXTREMELY frustrated??? My D2 did NOT do this; maybe Gingerbread will make this feature go away. One can only hope.

devedsmith

Reaction score
I fixed the "facebook photos in the Gallery" problem first by removing my facebook account from the Social Networking app. The trouble is, the only really useful part of having an account in the Social Networking app is sync'ing your facebook contacts with your phone contacts - which I happen to like. The Social Networking app account provides content for other things too (i.e. Gallery, the widget, etc.). My final solution was to remove the Gallery (rooted) then install Quickpics. Problem solved. MotoBlur apps really do suck.

cbrxcx5790

Reaction score
Thanks that really helped me out on that annoying issue.

swtsxy15

Reaction score
Ok, I figured out how to fix it.

1. Click the button on the bottom right corner that takes you to the screen with all your apps.
2. scroll down and find the "social networking" app. click on it and it should open.
3. Once it opens, hit the menu button on your phone (the one that looks like 4 squares).
4. it should bring up 3 options at the bottom of the screen. click on the "manage accounts" option that appears furthest to the right.
5. it should bring up a screen with all your emails, photbucket, facebook, etc. click on facebook and click remove account.
6. exit out and go to your gallery. it should show some of your pictures like they are thrown into a pile.

This worked for me. Much better than the annoying facebook pictures the gallery used to show.

swtsxy15

Reaction score
Solution

1. Click the button on the bottom right corner that takes you to the screen with all your apps.
2. scroll down and find the "social networking" app. click on it and it should open.
3. Once it opens, hit the menu button on your phone (the one that looks like 4 squares).
4. it should bring up 3 options at the bottom of the screen. click on the "manage accounts" option that appears furthest to the right.
5. it should bring up a screen with all your emails, photbucket, facebook, etc. click on facebook and click remove account.
6. exit out and go to your gallery. it should show some of your pictures like they are thrown into a pile.

This worked for me. Much better than the annoying facebook pictures the gallery used to show.

OP
W

wendee2150

Reaction score

Thank you ever so much, this took care of the data issue!!! Yippee!!!!!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Great thanks, the new Gallery is so much faster than the old one. Now the only problem I have is, I have so many pictures that showing them by date isn't that helpful. All my old directories don't show up with the new gallery.