phonemypc vs logmein?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jntdroid, May 4, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    I've used Logmein for years, and used their iPhone app. I know they have an Android app coming "soon". Can anybody tell me how they've liked PhoneMyPC? I wasn't sure on PhoneMyPC's refund policy, so didn't want to buy it without at least a little research and feedback from some folks who have used it. Thanks
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any apps on the market can be uninstaller and refunded within 24 hours, so give it a shot. You'll have to download the program on your computer so ti works. I love it personally, however am annoyed at waiting for an update... They really need to hop on that faster. I would like sound, but more importantly a good secure SSL connection (they said they are working on both but its been weeks and weeks).

PhoneMyPC is very well put together tho. I use it as a remote for my laptop while watching hulu on a projector... don't have to get up and I can navigate anywhere... Lots of options.
  3. bassjason

bassjason Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They've been promising sound support "soon" since I purchased the app in December. Other than that, I can't recommend PhoneMyPC enough. It's a great app that works well, and the dev support is phenomenal. Any time I had any issues at all, an e-mail to the developer was answered immediately!

As mentioned, you can refund all apps by simply uninstalling within 24 hours... try it out, I'm sure you'll love it!
  4. icculusX

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yea, I second this... the developer is VERY kind and helpful... but SSL!!!!
  5. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    PhoneMyPC is the most stable out of the RDP apps I tried. I tried RDP Desktop and Remote RDP.

PhoneMyPC is very easy to setup: install software on the Host PC, set it up and connect. The other 2 I had to re-enable Remote Desktop on the Host. (I usually have it disabled cuz I dont use it) And forwarding ports was a pain in the....I dont even remember forwarding ports in my router with PhoneMyPC: I just set the port in the software.

PhoneMyPC doesnt have alot of force close issues while using it, if any. The other 2 had alot with zooming or pinch zooming.

PhoneMyPC can be used as a remote, like icculusX said. U can actually see the screen on the Host. With the other 2, once u connect, the Host goes to the welcome screen. And I had to setup a password on the Host account to use those other 2. I usually have my account ppassword disabled to try to squeeze every second off my boot time.

PhoneMyPC has different options depending on what u wanna do: View Snapshot, Interact Live, View Live, Control Mouse + Keys, Control Processes, Control Windows. The other 2 doesnt have the options like that.

Now, they all had force close issues if the connection got cut off.

PhomeMyPC needs a certain setting to see the mouse on the phone screen. The other 2, its already there.
    PhoneMyPC doesnt have sound. The other 2 did.
    And PhoneMyPC is so easy to setup, it can be seen as security risk. Someone can be connected and you wouldnt even know. But, that can also be a blessing:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/39992-ultimate-droid-does-story.html

So that can be seen as a pro and a con. lol
  6. Droidfish

Droidfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 for phonemypc

It does everything it claims and the setup is pretty much automatic. I run 3ds max at work and sometimes have batch renders of 1000+ frames, so my machine will be rendering thru the night. I used to have to drive to work periodically just to check on the entire process and make sure max didn't crash. Now I can do this from anywhere. Priceless.
  7. SoftwareForMe.com

SoftwareForMe.com Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

We've been MUCH slower on this update that we hoped, but not without good reason. We're working hard and are confident we will return to more timely updates after this one monster-release is behind us.

But, to jntowers: our return policy is unofficially three days; email us in that time, and we'll cancel your order, no questions asked (well, not quite true: we'll ask if you'd like to tell us what you didn't like, but we won't wait for your answer to respond to your request). If you've emailed us and we're helping to solve some problem, then there really is no time limit. If we can't get the software working for you, or if we make another of our mistaken promises about a time-frame, we'll refund your purchase at any time. The key is really to email us with any issues within those 3 days.
  8. Grabraham

Grabraham Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Log me In ignition Beta hit the market today W00t!
  9. Diordna

Diordna Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Um, have you ever even pushed the camera button??
    @.@

As for this app, I LOVE it! It's so amazing, especially when you secretly install it on other peoples computers!
    I was messing with my friend on his and he was in google and he put in the google search bar "Hello???" and I erase it and we had a conversation in google lmao!
    Buuut he tricked me and used task manager on me ;p
    lmao it was awesome.
  10. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use it to watch my kids internet activity on the downstairs computer and their laptops. Ive busted my step-son talking about illegal activity on facebook.
  11. icculusX

Ratings:
    +0
    I never knew the camera button does this too, but you can also hit the search softkey, and itll bring up a cursor to move...
  12. icculusX

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha yea it's a good 'spy' tools also. Wish it didnt show in the task bar tho, be more secretive. As for your kid talking about illegal stuff, hope it wasn't crack!
  13. cplus

cplus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha

Dang, the camera button. That is soooo sweet. I can't believe i've used it this long without knowing. Oh well..

Also, PhoneMyPC handles 2 monitors perfectly.

I can't wait for the update.
  14. icculusX

Ratings:
    +0
    Well you better be able to wait because I have been for MONTHS... no sound, no little fixes, we arn't even on a SSL secure connection yet although they said they have that working for the next update.. BLAAAA
  15. baditup

baditup New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heya, you know there's an option to hide the taskbar icon, right? It's one of the two check boxes on the main screen!

And here's my +1 for PMPC. It's going to be one hell of an awesome app when they get login figured out. That's the security feature I'm missing atm but I'm sure they're workin on it! \m/
Search tags for this page
disable phonemypc
logmein cracked

phonemypc iphone