PhoneMyPc- suggestions/comments/fix requests

Lars1

Reaction score
I just installed this software and..wow.

Probably a stupid question but, how do i control my on-screen cursor in "interactive mode" with my Droid?

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
I just installed this software and..wow.

Probably a stupid question but, how do i control my on-screen cursor in "interactive mode" with my Droid?

well you can pan just by dragging your finger around. I use the volume keys to zoom in and out. You can click just by tapping the screen, but sometimes I find it easier to click the "Search" hardbutton to turn on the cursor mode that shows the mouse cursor and allows you click in a more precise manor. In this mode dragging your finger moves the mouse cursor. You can use the softkeyboard by clicking the "menu" hardbutton, or use the physical keyboard. There is more to it, but those are the basics.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
:huh:i'm still having a bit of an issue when attempting to type a password into a RDP screen. Basically, I will log into my work PC with PhoneMyPc, then I might have an RDP window to one of our servers open, but locked, or I may start a new session. I then try the hard keyboard as well as trying the soft keyboard, but it reports the password as being incorrect. If I open notepad or Run command or something and type there, the password is indeed being shown correctly, so i'm not sure where the issue is. I can't remember if this was addressed in a previous discussion. If it was, I can't remember the outcome.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All I wanted since day one is a good SSL secure connection so I don't have to worry.

hkjang

Reaction score
PhoneMYPC not working with corporate environment?

I installed PhoneMYPC on my work laptop and my Droid.
When I use the laptop at home with my FiOS connection, it works great.
But, once I bring the laptop to work, it doesn't work.
When I bring up a system tray icon, it says "PhoneMYPC 1.0.16 (Could Not Connect)".
What do I need to do???

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
I installed PhoneMYPC on my work laptop and my Droid.
When I use the laptop at home with my FiOS connection, it works great.
But, once I bring the laptop to work, it doesn't work.
When I bring up a system tray icon, it says "PhoneMYPC 1.0.16 (Could Not Connect)".
What do I need to do???

If it works at home on the same laptop, its possible your office firewall is blocking the traffic. I asume you are using your office Wifi or directly plugging in an ethernet cable. Perhaps you should ask your IT people their firewall rules. ( TCP port 49300 )

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still no SSL secure connection either... man

Foreverrr

Reaction score
I purchased PhonemyPC and it says it's unsuccessful everytime i try and install it, i can't even get a refund. I sure hope i'm not out $9.99...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I purchased PhonemyPC and it says it's unsuccessful everytime i try and install it, i can't even get a refund. I sure hope i'm not out $9.99...

just contact them if nothing else works. They are slow on updates, but incredibly helpful otherwise...

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Does PMPC works with win 7 home premium?

Is there sound streamed??
It works just fine on windows 7. I use ultimate. Sound streaming is not planned for the next update, but the one after. (according to the devs).

Reaction score
@Foreverrr,

The Android Market has had more than the usual issues lately. When this happens to me, I find that lots of re-trys, and/or rebooting my phone often works. Sometimes it has taken hours, but I've always got the software I wanted.

Email us and let us check your order. Sometimes cancelling it and a re-try will work.

If you write, we'll need the name on your account, or your order #.