PhoneMyPc, some questions

Nickmast

Reaction score
I can't get my keyboard to work using PhoneMyPC. Doesn't type anything. Any suggestions or solutions?

Reaction score
I can't get my keyboard to work using PhoneMyPC. Doesn't type anything. Any suggestions or solutions?

Sure.

If you've had the software for a while (didn't first purchase it within the last month), then you should re-download and install the PC app. The keyboard handling has been re-written, and the PC software contains a large share of the changes. It seems some browsers aren't downloading the latest build when people try; it is a cache issue. You can verify this by double-clicking the PhoneMyPC icon in the System tray. If it doesn't say 1.0.15 or 1.0.16 for the version, then you don't have the current software.

Please uninstall, then download and install from this alternate link:

http://www.SoftwareForMe.com/phonemypc/alt/PhoneMyPC.msi

If you recently purchased it, or if the previous suggestion does not fix it, and if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, then:

1) Right-click the PhoneMyPC icon in the System tray and choose Exit
2) Locate both shortcuts for PhoneMyPC, one under Start, Programs, SoftwareForMe, the other under Start, Programs, Startup.
3) Right-click each shortcut and choose Properties
4) Check the box that says "Run as Adminstrator"
5) Click Ok
6) Run PhoneMyPC again

Let us know if one of these resolves the issue.

Zaviorr

Reaction score
PhoneMyPC Locked Computer Issue

I recently purchased PhoneMyPC and it was working great until my computer was locked. All I get is a black screen if the screen is locked. I cant see the login page to login to the system. Is there a way to get around this or do I have something setup wrong ?

Reaction score
Hi Zaviorr,

No, it's not possible. This--the ability to unlock and log-in to PC's--is our last major feature before we end the Beta program, and it should be released soon. We have it working and are testing and productizing now.

The only work-around is to not lock your PC, and to change your screen saver settings so it doesn't happen automatically (turn off the "Require a password on resume" check-box).

If you recently purchased and cannot live without this feature, feel free to cancel your order, and if you would like to be notified when the feature is released, just drop us an email.