PhoneMyPc, some questions

tu3218

Reaction score
I'm pretty interested in this program. For those who have it, is it worth the $10? Is it smooth controlling your pc on your phone? Also are there any advantages or reasons for having this software. I guess any good reasons that you use it if you have it. Thanks

Reaction score
I use it every day to check emails and to provide support to customers. I often find bugs, but then that's because I'm adding features and I TRY to find them before we we release new versions :)

There are a lot of users on this forum and I'm sure some will be along soon to share their experiences, but I thought I'd say: we get reports from people watching video (though sound will not be available for a short while yet), checking security cams hooked to their computers, peeking in on what their kids are doing on the computer, playing pranks on family or friends, browsing the web with the PC's browser (where Flash works :), and a whole lot more.

Performance is proportional to available bandwidth. Edge won't work. 3G is good. WIFI is better.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use it several times a week to run some company software programs while I'm out of the office. It works seamlessly for me.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
great responses, exactly what I was looking for. And yeah hopefully more can share their experiences with this software because it does look for very nice! An the fact that you mention flash, so essentially I could play facebook games on it then? lol

Tomoid

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for only 2 weeks now and just installed Phone My PC today so I am just starting to get things figured out. But it does work.
I wanted to be able to control my X10 home automation devices with my Droid and this allows me to do that.
So it is welll worth the $9.99.
Looking forward to seeing any upcoming improvemants, such as sound.
Thanks to SoftwareForMe for a great app.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
yeahh I went ahead an installed it and works great, especially on wifi. I'm just trying to decide whether I'm gonna really use it or not. I wish sound was available. I could use it for accessing word documents for college. Works very good though, very cool to show off!

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I've been using it for over about 2 months with both my work desktop and my home laptop. It's come in very handy on lots of occasions and actually kept me from having to go to work on a day off. It's definitely worth the price, but I don't think the price is going to stay that low for much longer.

wickedkae

Reaction score
Had it for about a month now and its amazing how i use it for just the little things. Start a defrag, check torrents, read a document, etc. Very nice to have these abilities. Just wish i knew what was in the update i got today.

Reaction score
Had it for about a month now and its amazing how i use it for just the little things. Start a defrag, check torrents, read a document, etc. Very nice to have these abilities. Just wish i knew what was in the update i got today.

We always list the changes on our website, on the Beta page, here:
SoftwareForMe.com - PhoneMyPC

The most recent release is always at the top, titled "Current Release:"

wickedkae

Reaction score

Thanks. I just didn't look hard enough on the website. My bad.

rjsurfer

Reaction score

Thanks for the Droid update, one question, were do I get the latest version PC software on your web site? You mention they must be done at the same time?

Great software by the way, a real complement to the portability of the Droid.

Thanks

Ron W.