Phonemypc Problems and potential problems

suliman

Reaction score
ive been using phone my pc alot and its been a great app that does alot. However tonight i tried to control a gameboy emulator running on my pc from my phone. I noticed that keys wouldnt register almost at all unless i held them down and prayed. Maybe after holding a key for a minute it would register but only the enter button would, no arrow keys would. I even tried to control windows onscreen keyboard with it in conjunction with the emulator and still nothing, yet i was able to use my mouse connected to my computer to hit the keys on the screen and move around.

Im not trying to play roms and emulators on my phone, i was actually trying to help my brother with a game he was playing on his computer from my phone. And noticing i was unable to, i wondered what the limitation was that phonemypc had, disabling it from interacting with the gameboy emulator. i tried another emulator and had the same results.

im wondering now what exactly is limiting the keyboard inputs from phone my pc and if there was a work around?

Reaction score
Hi Suliman,

We have been recently working on making PhoneMyPC work with the largest number of games. In some cases, the key-repeat does not work properly for the game, for some the keyboard input needs to be injected beneath Windows (for DirectInput, for example), and in some cases it works well.

This is a complicated issue, and we're vested in making it work correctly for as many games as possible.

For you and others: if you have specific games you've had issues with, please email us at [email protected] and tell us what you found--it will help us get these issues resolved more quickly.