PhoneMyPC logging in to locked computer

dbmorris

Reaction score
I have this setup and it seems to work as long as the computer is not locked (i.e. windows key + L) or the screen saver is off. But, if either of these 2 items are affective it does not work. Is there a way to unlock a computer with it (that is password protected) or bring it out of sleep mode? If not it seems its use is rather limited.

Thanks for any help,
Danny

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't believe you can access a 'locked' computer (so you can't have screen saver password to resume)... but you most certainly can have a screen saver on.
When I log onto Phonemypc, I see my screen saver, I tap the screen (on Droid) and it will wake up my PC... then I just go about business.

my PC itself (user account) is password protected... but I do not have to enter the password to wake from the screen saver.

Reaction score
You cannot unlock a PC yet, but we're working feverishly on it and it should be out soon now.

Like Martin said, screen savers aren't a problem. But, to use them, you must turn off the "Require a password on resume" check-box, as that causes the PC to become locked when the screen saver shuts off.