phonemypc app

Reaction score
i just bought this app and all i have to say is...WOW SIMPLY AMAZING!!! i now will have access to my computer from any location i want!!!also i will have access to my work computer so i can do things from home if i need to! beta version costs 10$ but is completely worth it considering when its finally complete it will be alot more expensive!

Chris1

Reaction score
Tried it but found it slow and not particularly stable. Not sure how secure it is either as they said something about switching off their secure connection.

I find Remote RDP works better for my purposes.

poet_will

Reaction score
You can do this for free.

1. Go to No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP and do the free dynamic dns service.
2. Install ultraVNC (or any other free VNC servers out there)
3. Get the android-vnc-viewer app from the market place.
4. Log into your computer using the web address that you received from no-ip.info.

Edit: with the no-ip service you can even run a web server or ftp server and log into them from anywhere in the world using your browser or FTP client. (I use AndFTP for my ftp client and it works great.)

darinr80

Reaction score
Question for Poet_Will

Do I need to use that free dynamic dns service to set this up for my home PC? I'd like to use AndroidVNC and Real VNC. Is that possible??

eagles51593

Reaction score
You can do this for free.

1. Go to No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP and do the free dynamic dns service.
2. Install ultraVNC (or any other free VNC servers out there)
3. Get the android-vnc-viewer app from the market place.
4. Log into your computer using the web address that you received from no-ip.info.

Edit: with the no-ip service you can even run a web server or ftp server and log into them from anywhere in the world using your browser or FTP client. (I use AndFTP for my ftp client and it works great.)

I did everything, but I'm not sure where to find the web address. Where can I find that?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are there any apps like this for Macs? If not, would phonemypc work with a virtual windows machine such as Parallels?

Reaction score
We just found this thread. I'll not answer, assuming people have emailed us or posted elsewhere because this thread is old. But by posting here, we'll now be notified if there are new posts.