phone wont work after installing any p3 kernel :(

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by velocity92c, Jun 16, 2010.

1. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

I downloaded 3 kernels from here;

P3Droid Kernels

They were all 3 listed under the froyo kernels. I am running the 0.2 froyo build of bb. Its very hard for such a noob like me to do anything so I was pretty proud of myself for getting 2.2 up and running but my phone wouldn't boot past my password screen after trying to install the kernel. It would boot to my password screen, I would input my password then it would reboot.

I downloaded the zip file, moved it with astro to the root of my sdcard and renamed it update.zip, not update.update.zip.

My phone would load to my lock screen but had no background and said no service. After putting in my password it just rebooted. I restored my most recent nandroid backup and here I am. Any advice on getting a kernel installed?
  2. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

go back to backup, and install directly from rom manager it will come pre installed i think at least mine is overclocked to 800 mhz
  3. budmckay80

budmckay80 New Member

Mine does that too all of the kernels the p3 and betkit after downloading it goes to the lock screen but shows no service and it says connect the charger then after i unlock the screen it vibrate and turns off after i do a restore its fine maybe my droid with bb froyo don't like the kernals everything else is great sure be nice to have a faster kernel lol
Search tags for this page

installed custom kernel and phone wont boot

my phone wont turn on after intallation of custom kernel