Phone won't vibrate.

eseloco918

Reaction score
Had to get a new phone a month ago after dropping my last one out of my truck. Everything on my release day phone worked fine. My new replacement however, vibrate never vibrates. I have had it on all 4 vibrate settings. No go on any of them. Also does not matter what setting I have my Silent Toggle Widget on.

Any ideas? I am afraid to call verizon to have them tell me to completely reset my phone and lose all of my data.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
This may seem really dumb but it has worked for more then one person, myself included.

On my Droid 2, I had all the settings done properly but for some reason it would not vibrate. I downloaded "Audio Manager" from the market, usually the first result and is free. Go into the app and set it to vibrate in there, then check and see if it works. Not saying this will definitely do it but it helped me.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Just to be sure, you do have "Vibrate and ring" checked in the Sound settings of the phone settings, correct?

OP
eseloco918

eseloco918

Reaction score
Downloaded that app. Looks good to go.

Screenshot_2012-03-11-13-21-11.png
Screenshot_2012-03-11-13-20-44.png

Also turned my phone off and back on then called it from my work line.

Didn't change anything. But now it vibrates on ring. So, thanks.

But still no vibration on text messages...where is that setting?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well going by that screen shot it is set to vibrate. The only other thing I could say is maybe go into whichever messaging app you are using (whether it be stock or from the market) and make sure it is not disabled there.