Phone won't turn on, soft keys light up

Big Cam

Reaction score
I just downloaded Silent Boot from the market. I then turned off my phone. I turned it on again, and now I have a black screen with the bottom keys/buttons lit up. The phone vibrates every few seconds.

This is the second time this has happened in the last 2 weeks. Today was the first time I have ever installed Silent Boot.

Also, I just unplugged my phone from the charger, so it is fully charged.

What smon said. Unfortunately I'm not sure if a new phone fixes this or not. I'm hoping it's a software glitch and 2.3 fixes it.

mlgreene

Reaction score
If it is still frozen, I called verizon and they told me that u could get a new phone for free bc of the manufactures 1 yr warranty.

Thank you for calling!! :)

I went to a Verizon store today and they said they would replace my phone for free. I will get a "certified pre-owned" phone shipped to me in 5 days via FedEx.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
I got this phone the day it came out. The same exact thing happened to me. I had there different onea and every single one did the same thing. I had to do it twice in the first one and the second time the phone would no longer recognize any sim card after the factory reset. So I replaced it with the charge. I miss my revo still, but its nice not worrying if my phone will turn on or not
Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Big Cam

Reaction score
I actually opted to pay the $1.99 a month for the extended warranty. I figured it will be $48 over two years and that way I can get a replacement on warranty if I need to. This is different from the insurance which I don't need because I am careful with my phone, 10 years and I've never broken one.

I hope your new phone solves this problem, I'm not willing to test mine right now, becasue I finally got it set up the way I want, I hate doing hard resets becasue it takes a long tme to re-download everything and set it back up.

Big Cam

Reaction score
So I dropped my replacement phone and the battery popped off.

Sure enough, I got the black screen. A hard reset followed, but only after I went to Verizon and explained what happened, they looked up my history and said it is likely a hardware issue, our at least Revo specific. They filed a report or service ticket that gets reported to LG. They said after so many complaints, the manufacturer will likely send out an update, so if you are having this problem and like the Revolution, gop and report the issue and tell the verizon trip to file it in their trouble shooting forums, the more people that bring the issue up, the faster it will get resolved.

ultra63

Reaction score
Besides inconveniencing owners are the replacement phones costing LG or Verizon more money? Which pays all the shipping costs for the refurbs?

Sportsdad60

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forums. My son and I both have the LG Revolution. I got mine in July. His in Aug. He's on his 2nd one since the first one had this black screen issue with 4 buttons lit up. We took it back and Verizon sent us a new one out of the package. Within 24 hours we had the SAME issue with the new phone. Tried a different battery, different sim card. Still has the issue.

Any suggestions?

Sportsdad60

Reaction score
I'm going to talk to a relative who is a business lawyer. We'll see what she says about a class action law suit since this issue is obviously widespread.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I'm going to talk to a relative who is a business lawyer. We'll see what she says about a class action law suit since this issue is obviously widespread.
Count me in, although the LG link I posted was recently updated and there is supposedly an update coming soon, although he's been saying that for a while now.