Phone won't turn on, soft keys light up

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
Before I went to sleep last night I turned my phone off (50%-ish battery) because I didn't have the power charger nearby. When I went to turn the phone on this morning it didn't it's little vibrate and nothing happened, the soft keys lit up and the phone intermittently buzzed.

I did a battery pull and tried to turn it on with no luck so I plugged it into a charger and it wouldn't charge.

It didn't help.

I did a lengthy battery pull and plugged it in to the charger and now it's charging.

I tried turning it on, it went through the whole 4G LTE and VZW hoopla it does at start up and then the screen went black again and the soft keys remained lit while it intermittently buzzed. And when I plugged it in it wouldn't charge.

So I did a battery pull. Plugged it in, and now it's charging.

Any ideas? Got it through Amazon Wireless.

Phone is not rooted. And haven't tried a factory reset.

Last edited:
OP
G

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
factory reset seems to have worked...

Any ideas on what could have caused all this?

Big Cam

Reaction score
How do you do a factory reset when you can't get the screen to light up?? My phone is doing the same thing adn I know the batrery is full, because I just got done charging it for about 6 hours while using it at work.

OP
G

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
1. Turn the power off.
2. Touch and hold the following keys at the same time for 12 seconds: Power/Lock Key + the down Volume Key.
3. Release the keys when you see the screen message “Permanently Erase User Data & Reset Settings?, press the Power Key to confirm and any other key to cancel.”
4. Press the Power/Lock Key to confirm (or press any other key to cancel). When you press the Power/Lock Key to confirm, a pop-up appears asking “Are you sure you want to continue with erase?”.
5. Press the Power/Lock Key and your phone will be restored to the factory settings. To cancel, press any other key.

(courtesy of: How to perform a factory reset on LG Revolution VS910 | LG Mobile Phones Blog)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's cool, but he can't see what to select or anything since his screen doesn't work

sent from my ApeX

Big Cam

Reaction score
I figured it out, you hold the power button and the down volume button to turn it on.

great, now my SIM card doesn't work.

OP
G

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
That's cool, but he can't see what to select or anything since his screen doesn't work

sent from my ApeX

My screen wasn't working either which was why I needed to reset it. The little message about wanting to restore to factory settings did pop up though.

Big Cam

Reaction score
So I went into a Verizon store because my phone wouldn't recognize the SIM and it took the 3 hours to get it fixed, they were about to hand me a new phone.

I guess the guy who finally got it working said he took out the SIM and battery, then put just the battery in, turned it on, got the error, turned it off, removed the battery, put in the SIM, THEN the battery, turned it on and it worked.

Note I also got a new SIM, I kind of think a hard reset fries the SIM, although it shouldn't, I've now heard of two cases where this seems to be true, so if I ever do a hard reset again, I'll be taking out my SIM card.

OP
G

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
So I went into a Verizon store because my phone wouldn't recognize the SIM and it took the 3 hours to get it fixed, they were about to hand me a new phone.

I guess the guy who finally got it working said he took out the SIM and battery, then put just the battery in, turned it on, got the error, turned it off, removed the battery, put in the SIM, THEN the battery, turned it on and it worked.

Note I also got a new SIM, I kind of think a hard reset fries the SIM, although it shouldn't, I've now heard of two cases where this seems to be true, so if I ever do a hard reset again, I'll be taking out my SIM card.

good to know! I'll keep that in mind in the future.

smontyjr

Reaction score
Problem is if battery is low

Here is what I figured out from this problem happening to me multiple times, and I am going to a Verizon store this week to try to make it a known issue. If you turn your phone off when it has low battery (I haven't defined low battery yet, but in the red) and then try to turn it back on then it will freeze upon boot and the only way to get it working again is to do the factory reset (take battery out, put it back in, and then hold pwr and volume down button) thus formatting your device (Obnoxious). Here is proof: This happened, and I would do a factory reset, then turn the phone off, and I would have to repeat the process, but if I let it charge, then do the factory reset, it would work if I recycled the power. So, I think the problem is related to low battery state. Please test my theory and let me know if anyone else is finding this to be true and if so, let verizon know about this. It is a great phone, but this flaw is huge.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I ended up getting a replacement phone sent to me after bringing this issue to my Verizon store twice.

So you think that by turning it off after a certain battery percentage is what causes the black screen syndrome? I'm not sure about this, because the last time my phone went to the black screen, I turned it off and turned it back on and it had over 50% battery.

smontyjr

Reaction score
I can no longer duplicate my battery theory. Back to square 1, how is the new phone working.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I can no longer duplicate my battery theory. Back to square 1, how is the new phone working.

So far so good, I did turn it off once about 2 days after I got it and it started back up. I'm scared to turn it off again.

mlgreene

Reaction score
Same Problem

I just downloaded Silent Boot from the market. I then turned off my phone. I turned it on again, and now I have a black screen with the bottom keys/buttons lit up. The phone vibrates every few seconds.

This is the second time this has happened in the last 2 weeks. Today was the first time I have ever installed Silent Boot.

Also, I just unplugged my phone from the charger, so it is fully charged.

smontyjr

Reaction score
If it is still frozen, I called verizon and they told me that u could get a new phone for free bc of the manufactures 1 yr warranty.