Phone wont recognize computer

xxMOOSExx

Reaction score
my droid a855 will not say anything when plugged into a computer. it wont give me the mount option, all it will do it say, " charging" like its plugged into a wall charger,
please give me some advice.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the USB symbol appear in your notification bar?

OP
X

xxMOOSExx

Reaction score

no. it will not mount to my PC. it did when i first got it. then, out of the blue, my 3G shut down and my mounting option was disabled.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Are you rooted and how long have you had your droid?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vitticeps

Reaction score
The problem is least likely the phone. More likely a faulty USB port, computer OS issue, or bad cable.

It would be worth trying to plug it into a different USB port. Or even each one available on your computer until one works. In my experience, when a USB port fails, the port above/below it (they're usually stacked in pairs) fails too.
And avoid using a USB Hub when troubleshooting. Try rebooting that compuer.
If you have another computer you can try it on, do that too.
And last, if you have a second USB cable try using it.

JJ1562

Reaction score
Hello new to this forum, looks great a lot of help hints,
My question, when i try to upload photos to my computer from my droid, I get to the mount option then nothing shows on my laptop, dont know if photos were loaded or not, any sugestions? Thx in advance

JJ1562

Reaction score
Hello new to this forum, looks great a lot of help hints,
My question, when i try to upload photos to my computer from my droid, I get to the mount option then nothing shows on my laptop, dont know if photos were loaded or not, any sugestions? Thx in advance

Ok so since my last question, (3 minutes ago) got it to work, I had to use a different usb port, thx anyway lol :icon_ banana:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok I dont usually get mad about apps not working, but after using pmpc for a while, and regularly using it to register for online poker tourns, I thought today would be no different.

I had a big tournament, 'had' being the key word, today, so I set up everything on my pc so I would just be able to log onto pmpc and clicked 'register' when registration opened, and lasts for maybe 5 minutes, until its full. So the time came I opened pmpc, clicked my comp, the interact and I see my desktop.. all good so far... then I click reg. nothing, again, nothing.. and so on, I closed the app like 5 times rebooted phone nothing.. still wouldnt register.. tried the cursor.. nothing.. I was so *#U$#) mad I felt like throwing my phone against a brick wall.

So to PMPC.. before worrying about sound, how about getting this stuff you already started on working right..because right now its UNRELIABLE..

Sorry.. had to vent..

hypster1

Reaction score
Phone is not recognized

I'm in a similar boat with an earlier post (JJ1562) however, I have tried all four of my USB ports on my laptop and nothing happens. Nothing shows up in the task bar or on the phone. It did once when I first bought the phone and I thought - Cool - just like a flash drive...

It will work fine on other PC's and other devices are regularly used on this laptop via the USB/s but only the phone won't get recognized... it will charge so it's getting power...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any support/ideas.

Michael

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I recommend (and this may sound extreme) deleting windows and installing Ubuntu, problem solved... I've found that Ubuntu communicates very well with another linux OS (Android)...

If you're not willing to make the big move, try a live USB/CD to connect.