1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone won't go past Moto "M"

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FusionSaint, Dec 7, 2010.

1. FusionSaint

FusionSaint New Member

Hey all, I rooted my phone today (newb) and was toying around with some of the things you could do with it. I installed the new Gingerbread keyboard and everything was hunky-dory. Then I installed what I assumed was the "predictive text fix" for the new keyboard and since then my phone won't launch past the MOTO M logo. I tried doing the nandroid recovery but it said no files were found. I know I backed it up but I must of done something wrong.

I had installed ROM Manager and ClockWorkMod Recovery prior to installing the Gingerbread Keyboard.

I also tried wiping the chache as well as trying the "factory reset" button, but nothing seems to help me get past the Moto M logo... help?
  2. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

Redownload whichever ROM you were using to you computer. Plug your phone in and boot to recovery. There should be an option to mount the SD card. Select that and put the ROM in the root folder, but rename it to update.zip before you do that. Then load the update.zip. You should be good to go after that I think.
  3. FusionSaint

FusionSaint New Member

Okay so I gave up trying to boot anything back up and just went and reflashed it with RSD lite. I followed this guide: How To: Unroot the Motorola Droid | TheUnlockr

So I finally got the droid back up and running, however I noticed after I reflashed it, that I had the 2.1 firmware. So I went to manually update it back to Froyo and I got this error:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command (this comes up before even trying to run the update)

--Install From sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

In reality I just want to get back to my stock Froyo at this point...
  4. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

There was an option for permissions to allow the update zip. I can't remember what it was though as I only saw it when I first rooted.
Search tags for this page

my phone won't go past the motorola m