Phone won't download mms on WiFi

jonlpearson

Reaction score
Ok here's the deal...whenever someone sends me anything that is a mms message the phone will not download it while on WiFi..I click download and nothing happens. But when I turn of WiFi and switch to mobile data it downloads like it's supposed to. Anyone else having or had this issue.

streetlight22

Reaction score
Yeah i thought iwas something messed up but yeah your mobile data has to be on to download mms messages

OP
J

jonlpearson

Reaction score
The for the response I thought the phone was messed up.....

jaye712

Reaction score
I think there was a change on this(maybe on the low)when i got my razr i use to be able to dwnload frm wifi,now i cant..eh,it is what it is

RAZR215unrooted

OP
J

jonlpearson

Reaction score
I think so too because I definitely remember being able to do so before. I think it's a ploy to get us to use more data since unlimited data is gone now

jaye712

Reaction score
jonlpearson said:
I think so too because I definitely remember being able to do so before. I think it's a ploy to get us to use more data since unlimited data is gone now

Very true..when i realized wifi wasnt dl'in anymore, i thought somethin went wrong with the phone in general..i even too Verizon n told them,but surprisingly, they didnt know wth i was talkin about..lol(oh, pls..smh)..lets see,i got the razr when it first came out (befour the maxx),i was able to do it threw wifi for the first few months,n all of a sudden''bamm"..poof be gone n no answers why it happened..kinna figures tho..they tryin to take our money lol

RAZR215unrooted

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually, it has always been that you had to dl mms via mobile data and couldn't if you were on wifi... on all Android phones. I discovered this years ago when I thought mms wasn't working but would suddenly get my mms when I switched to mobile data. If it worked in the past, it is probably because both wifi and data was on. The phone will ignore data for most everything when both are on but know to resort to data for mms. The thing that drives me crazy is that now, most of the time it seems it is not enough to have both on but that I have to turn wifi off to force the phone to resort to data for mms.

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Actually, it has always been that you had to dl mms via mobile data and couldn't if you were on wifi... on all Android phones. I discovered this years ago when I thought mms wasn't working but would suddenly get my mms when I switched to mobile data. If it worked in the past, it is probably because both wifi and data was on. The phone will ignore data for most everything when both are on but know to resort to data for mms. The thing that drives me crazy is that now, most of the time it seems it is not enough to have both on but that I have to turn wifi off to force the phone to resort to data for mms.

It wrked for me befour with data off when gb was still around

RAZR215unrooted