Phone wont come on please help asap.

jamnicho8

Reaction score
I just got to work and went to turn my phone on and when I hit the power button the screen comes on but is a blank black screen. Stays on 8-10 secs gos off then does the same thing again, it will keep flashing until I take the battery out. Any Ideas? Also this is a unrooted phone and was on the charger all night. Any help would be awesome thanks.

J

JriderG

Try holding x and power to boot into stock recovery. Then maybe clear cache and see if that works.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

jamnicho8

Reaction score
Yea I tried that the screen stops blinking for about 20 seconds but it never displays anything on the screen and starts blinking again.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I can not find the link at the moment. I believe what you do is hold down the x key on your keyboard, then press the power button and wait for the triangle screen to come on. Then you hit the search key on the keyboard for a menu, and I have read you hold down the volume keys to get the menu if the search key does not do the trick.

I have never done that. I think when I get the black screen I hit the control alt delete keys while the screen is still on which sends the phone into the boot loop. The control key is the one right above the alt key that us hit to make capital letters.

J

JriderG

Did you get into recovery? If so you could try to do a factory reset, if not you may have to try and sbf it.

OP
J

jamnicho8

Reaction score
I no how to do a hard reset on the phone. but it will not show anything on the screen at all just the back light comes on.

J

JriderG

Sounds like you might have to do an sbf flash. Its real easy and fail proof. But you may want to see if Verizon will do it for you since you are fully stock unrooted.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Here is where I read about it: different problem but more detailed instructions.
[TIPS] Broken Power Button? No Problem! - xda-developerspecifically from the link above:
2. So your power button doesn't work, and your battery has died or has fallen out. How are you supposed to turn the device on without a power button?

All you have to do is plug in the phone to an AC charger, and the phone should come on.

Sometimes, however, it will show the boot logo, then go to a screen showing you your battery percentage, and not actually boot. No problem. Just pull the battery and unplug. Replace the battery, and while holding the "x" button on your keyboard, plug the phone back in (be sure to keep holding the "x" button until a triangle with an exclamation point appears). Your phone will reboot into recovery (if stock recovery, press the magnifying glass). Simply unplug the phone, and choose to reboot, and poof, your phone is on.

3. So you need to SBF, but don't know how to get into the bootloader without the power button?

Simply plug the phone into your computer. Sometimes if the phone is already off, it will automatically boot into the bootloader. However if the phone is already on, just use the ADB command "adb reboot bootloader"

If your not good with ADB, simply pull your battery, replace it, and while holding the "up arrow" on your keyboard, plug the phone in and it will reboot into the bootloader.

OP
J

jamnicho8

Reaction score
Replace the battery, and while holding the "x" button on your keyboard, plug the phone back in (be sure to keep holding the "x" button until a triangle with an exclamation point appears). Your phone will reboot into recovery (if stock recovery, press the magnifying glass). Simply unplug the phone, and choose to reboot, and poof, your phone is on.

Didnt work.

OP
J

jamnicho8

Reaction score
When I plug it into my computer the phone isn't even recognized so I cant do anything with it at all.

OP
J

jamnicho8

Reaction score
Also just noticed that the charging light doesn't come on. It's not the charger either because it works on my x and on my thunderbolt.

J

JriderG

Did you successfully get into stock recovery? To sbf you need certain drivers, and you have to boot into bootloader. To boot into bootloader you hold camera, volume, and power buttons. To boot into stock recovery, I don't believe you have to pull the battery. (although I have done it that way on my x)