1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone wont charge with Dead Battery

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mjlthuston, Mar 12, 2011.

1. mjlthuston

mjlthuston New Member

I just flashed the new ROM from Bugless and Ive had this problem that if the battery goes completely dead it wont charge, itll go through the boot get to the lockscreen and then reboot again. I have two batterys which both happen to be dead, anyway I can charge the dead batterys?
  2. -iD

-iD New Member

I had the same thing happen. the only way I could charge the battery was to take it out and put it in a separate charger. I thought it was related to my new extended battery, I have never noticed this with the original battery which I know I had die several times and charge correctly when I plugged it in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. dsolomon

dsolomon New Member

if you can get any of the batteries to let you get into the bootloader, and reflash an sbf it'll fix it. I've had several pull that stunt on me, usually flip flopping them a couple of times, eventually one will show enough juice to let me go through the RSD lite process. Hope that helps.
  4. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

Are you using the wall charger or a good car charger?
    I had a lame car charger and I couldn't get the phone to come on long enough to charge... this will happen if you are trying to charge on the computer also.

I finally got the phone to come on long enough to get it into airplane mode... by having the radios and GPS off it allowed it to charge with the junk charger.
  5. volando

volando New Member

I also just had this issue recently... kept doing the reboot loop, extremely annoying.

Fixed it by connecting to a wall charger and leaving it alone for a bit. This is after many, many tries with popping battery, voodoo dancing etc... My car charger is a good one, shows up as AC power, not USB, so I'm not sure what the issue was...
  6. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

heres my suggestion. take the batteries out of the droid. plug it into a wall outlet charger. The droid will turn on (yes, i know its awesome!!!) and from there id disable all battery eating things-like any apps that start automatically and set it to airplane mode. then try to use the battery and charge it.
  7. Phatdaddyz01

Phatdaddyz01 New Member

When this happens to me, I have to use my car charger to charge the phone. My car charger is one that does NOT have usb on both ends, it's a standard car charger.

Also, check out Raid Zero's recovery, he says you can charge your phone while in recovery but I haven't had the guts to switch recoveries because I use Rom Manager so much.

Edit-Forgot to mention, if you are using SetCPU, then set a profile for your phone to scale down to 400Mhz or so when the battery gets below 5%. The reason you can't get it to charge (more than likely) is because your CPU is eating up the charge too quickly.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  8. skeptik

skeptik New Member

I too had this issue recently. Plug into wall charger and let it sit for 10 - 15min ( will most likely boot loop ). During the constant boot loop, hold to get into boot loader.

From here I had to install stock build frg22, and bam. Perfect boot.

Dont know if this helps, but after pulling every hair I had out with this... was the only thing that worked. :icon_eek:
Search tags for this page

android batt went dead n wont charge

android boot recovery mode battery wont charge after dying

concord phone wont charge

htc incredible won't charge after battery died

htc m8 battery died phone will not charge

moto phone too dead to charge?

my concord phone wont charge

my phone battery is completely dead

my samsung concord phone wont charge

my tmobile concord wont charge

phone battery died and wont charge