Phone wont charge while in car dock!

Discussion in 'Seidio' started by blainedepue, May 2, 2010.

1. blainedepue

blainedepue New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Seidio car dock in my car. While on a long trip, I had my phone in the navigation mode and I noticed that it wouldnt charge my phone! About 3 hours into the trip my phone went dead! I had a few phone calls throughout the drive as well before it died! So I turned it back on and made sure the navigation was off and within a few minutes it would turn off again! So I had to wait till I got home and then I was able to charge it. After it was half way full, I took it back out to the car mount and to see if it would charge and sure enough it would!

I am wondering if while in the GPS mode and on the car mount, it doenst have enough juice to charge the phone? Does anyone else have this issue? Could my phone be bad???

Thanks in advance!

2. arty2hottie

arty2hottie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    just happened to me yesterday while driving to canada. Now the green charge light goes in and out and even if it is on it wont charge the droid. Its not the phone its the charging cradle or the chord. Seidio please help us

3. dberthia

dberthia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my dock, and I'm not getting a charge indicator either. DISAPPOINTED!

Edit: Looks like it does charge when needed, but I expected the charge indicator to be on constantly when the phone is in the dock.

#3 dberthia, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  4. phil.stratton

phil.stratton New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid not charging in Moto car dock

I'm having the same issues. I'm on a 19 hour drive (each way) and after a few hours in the dock, the battery is nearly dead (showing orange) and will not charge. I have to remove the phone from the dock, disconnect the charger and let it cool; yes the phone is very hot to the touch. Once the phone is cooled down, it will charge again. Could this be a heat issue, with poor to no heat dissipation while in the dock? Do you think drilling some holes in the dock or add a heatsink? :eek:)

5. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

Thank you all for the feedback and the charger should definitely charge the device while in the dock. If you haven't, please PM me your order information and we will see what we can do for you!

Regards,

6. FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo Member

Ratings:
    +19
    There are several threads with Droids over heating and not charging on long trips with GPS. I experienced it in a Moto mount and while not in a mount at all. I don't think it is the Seideo mount. I think it is inherent to the Droid design. The times mine did it, I turned off GPS, and took it off the charger. One it cooled, charging and GPS went back to normal. Good thing I was in a part of the trip when I wasn't changing roads

Search tags for this page

my phone wont charge in dock mode

why won't my phone charge in the car/