Phone won't boot? Is it bricked? Help plz.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by calikutta, Feb 13, 2010.

1. calikutta

calikutta New Member

I was using Hacku's step by step tutorial to install the Sholes Mod updater 2.0.3. At step 23, I left the phone idle to answer my house phone. After I unlocked the phone, the screen went black. When I pushed the power button, the screen briefly showed the Motorola logo, and then went black again. Every time I push the power button now it doesn't do anything. I tried to boot into recovery mode ( hold x + the power button ) and nothing happens. When I held down the T + power button, I briefly got the Moto logo again, but the screen went black. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.....signed n00b.
  2. Signum

Signum Member

try pulling the batt and seeing what happens. after a batt pull see if you can boot into recovery.
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

You would be the first, so I doubt it's bricked... as long as you can at least see the Moto Logo you're safe... Also try recharging it (for at least a few hours).

WORSE case scenario is you'll have to take it into a VZW store (corporate location) and they can push a complete image to the phone using (damit... name escapes me)... but it can be fixed (again, as long as you can get to the moto logo, so battery pull and recharge over night).
  4. calikutta

calikutta New Member

Tried battery pull....no dice. I am just going to let it charge, and take it to the VZ store in the morning. Thx for the fast response guys.
  5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Yep, just let it charge all night. The only other time I've seen this it was just a matter of the battery being completely drained (think he had to charge it for a few hours before it would boot). Moto actually states on their site that should the battery become so drained it will need to charge for quite a while before it can boot (can't remember the exact time, but it was a rather long period).

But please get back in the morning. As long as the Moto logo appears a corporate store can bring it back. Just DON"T MENTION you were flashing or anything just tell them it was acting weird and then wouldn't boot past the logo (don't worry, they can't 'read' your boot image just push a new one to your device).

But IF you have actually bricked the device congratulations are in order as you may have the FIRST actually bricked device that we've seen:icon_ banana::icon_ devil::icon_ banana::icon_ devil:
  6. calikutta

calikutta New Member

Thx Kzi, You were right, phone must have needed to be charged.
  7. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

So does it boot fully now or just to the Moto logo?
  8. acidcore

acidcore New Member

lol kzw i think i may be the guy you are referring to about the needing to charge the battery! I had the same problem and i it goes to the moto logo and shuts off it is because the battery is drained. I am pretty sure they are alright now :)
Search tags for this page

bricked droid charge won't boot

bricked phone wont turn on

how ypu can boot your htc s620 if he doesnt boot

unbrick andoid won't boot

unbricking htc inspire wont turn on