phone won't boot into clockworkmod recovery

ati48

Reaction score
I had a Droid X with 621.
1. I installed via SBF - mb809-2.3.5.sbf and the radio from 621.
2. root via DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT
3. install Droid 2 bootstrup recovery and ROM Manager. In D2 bootstrup-> bootstrup recovery
In ROM Manager-> Flash-ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0
Then, in the D2 bootstrup-> reset recovery
4.The phone has been rebooted, and then there was a red moto logo. then the logo was gone, but the screen is turned on. pressing the PoWER /vol "+" and vol "-" give nothing. help only pull battery out

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
ati48 said:
I had a Droid X with 621.
1. I installed via SBF - mb809-2.3.5.sbf and the radio from 621.
2. root via DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT
3. install Droid 2 bootstrup recovery and ROM Manager. In D2 bootstrup-> bootstrup recovery
In ROM Manager-> Flash-ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0
Then, in the D2 bootstrup-> reset recovery
4.The phone has been rebooted, and then there was a red moto logo. then the logo was gone, but the screen is turned on. pressing the PoWER /vol "+" and vol "-" give nothing. help only pull battery out

Can you boot into the OS? The problem was that you bootstrapped before you flashed the recovery, you gotta flash the recovery then bootstrap then reboot recovery.

OP
A

ati48

Reaction score
Can you boot into the OS? The problem was that you bootstrapped before you flashed the recovery, you gotta flash the recovery then bootstrap then reboot recovery.
Thanks, now works fine

chagla

Reaction score
hi, i have a problem.
i installed xt883 (the chinese rom) on droid 3. so far so good but i really need to get recovery working. i got rom manager and i flashed clockmod 5020. but i cant seem to boot to recovery no matter what.
i tried what u suggested > flash clockmod 5020 via rom manager > use D3 bootstrap > D3 reboot recovery.

it didnt work. i also tried rebooting from rom manager. that doesnt work either. please help.

btw, i am rooted. i also have the clockwork mod as a zip file. can i install zip file using terminal? i was looking for some kind of img file so i can flash it via fastboot .

leftspin

Reaction score
hi, i have a problem.
i installed xt883 (the chinese rom) on droid 3. so far so good but i really need to get recovery working. i got rom manager and i flashed clockmod 5020. but i cant seem to boot to recovery no matter what.
i tried what u suggested > flash clockmod 5020 via rom manager > use D3 bootstrap > D3 reboot recovery.

it didnt work. i also tried rebooting from rom manager. that doesnt work either. please help.

btw, i am rooted. i also have the clockwork mod as a zip file. can i install zip file using terminal? i was looking for some kind of img file so i can flash it via fastboot .

This thread is in the Droid X section of the site, the method of doing things is going to be different depending on your device and software version. The advice I gave was specific to the Droid X on Gingerbread. If you want help with your issue I'd recommend posting to the Droid 3 Forum.

leftspin

Reaction score
hi leftspin, sorry for posting in the wrong thread. thanks for your quick response. i appreciate it.

i have made new post on this thread now - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-tech-support/214567-cannot-boot-into-cwm-recovery.html

i didnt open yet another thread because my question is the same as the other person.

No worries, I just wanted to direct you to where you could get the best help. I'd still recommend making your own thread, it'll get more attention than a response post in a thread that's a couple months old. Did you try the solution they provided to the OP of that thread? Looks to me like it would work.