Phone won't boot at all

Reaction score
Hi, I haven't posted on here lately. but I am having mucho trouble with my Note 2.
I flashed it back to stock today to fix the GPS issue with custom ROMS, but now it won't boot. It won't boot to the system, recovery, or download mode. Nothing lights up when I plug it into the charger, I've removed the battery a few times, tried different batteries (stock on and my Zerolemon), different chargers and my computer, all nothing.
It booted to the system once after I flashed it, and it worked then, I got a text, but once I restarted it, it just didn't boot back up. I used Mobile Odin Pro to flash the stock system.
I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. I really don't want to have to buy a new phone, I've only had this one since Feb.
Thanks for any help!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
We need you to get to download mode ...you need to try the 3 button combo till it hits ..then you need to Odin thru computer ..let me know I will link you thread ..

M8 tap'd

OP
Fallen_Phoenix
Reaction score
I've tried both button combos (recovery and download) many times throughout today to no avail

OP
Fallen_Phoenix
Reaction score
Yup, the Zerolemon battery was at about 90% before it happened. Stock one I'm not sure of, it was fully charged when I got the Zerolemon but it's been sitting since.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Not good ..unless one of the buttons is not functioning..just to make sure you are pressing down ..Camera and power same time ..

M8 tap'd

OP
Fallen_Phoenix
Reaction score
Camera? You mean Volume down?
All the buttons seemed to work fine before it crashed though

OP
Fallen_Phoenix
Reaction score
Yup, been trying that, the volume up / power / home combo for recovery and just trying to boot it. Nothing works. The Notification light doesn't even turn on when I plug it in

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That's not good news ..take battery out let it sit for awhile ..let me look around not sure what else to try..

M8 tap'd

OP
Fallen_Phoenix
Reaction score
Just let the phone sit without the battery? Unplugged too?
Thanks for trying though, I appreciate the help!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yeah let it rest with battery off and all ..even remove SIM ..there's a service JTAG brick repair probably around $60 or more ..

M8 tap'd

OP
Fallen_Phoenix
Reaction score
Alright.
Hmm.. I'll look into that, I'll contact them and see what they could do.
Also considering if it would be worth it or if I should just get a HTC One M8 while it's $99 as long as my dad doesn't want to use his upgrade.

1drummernamedmarcus

Reaction score
There is an emergency recovery program thru samsaung kies even though your phone does not respond.. download the latest kies and try emergency firmware recovery tool. Also even though your phone doesnt turn on when you connect it to your pc does your pc make a usb connect prompting sound?
A couple questions..
Whos your carrier? What stock did you flash? Is your phone on a stock bootloader?? Im really intersted in this "STOCK" firmware you flashed..
Theres so many good gps fixes it was a liitle extreme to flash a stock firmware because of a gps issue..
If you didnt do a full wipe.
Which includes system data dalvik and internel and at least 3 times then mobile odin probebly gave you a dirty flash and corrupted your file table.
And you could have bricked it in doing so.. you need to see if odin on your pc gives you a com port even though you dont see any thing your pc might..

Sent from my MARCUS! using Tapatalk

OP
Fallen_Phoenix
Reaction score
My computer doesn't recognize it at all. Carrier is Verizon. I've tried multiple GPS fixes to no avail, but so I resorted to flash stock, get a lock, and back to the custom rom.