Phone will not reactivate after root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nfusaf, Jun 3, 2010.

1. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

It comes up for phone reactivation but trying to activate the phone again is always unsuccessful. Any ideas?

It is a buddies phone that I was in process of rooting and this issue occured. I rebooted and flashed the stock 2.01 version of droid and now it will not activate over the air on his phone.
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

I have not heard of that. I could suggest try another rom or go back to what you was running before and then try activating it. If that dont work something could be wrong internally. If that is the case you want to get your phone back to factory state before taking it back to vzw.
  3. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

I already flashed the 2.01 factory version back to it. I have no clue why it wont reactivate but my phone never had this issue so its completely new to me.
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Sometimes Verizon is upgrading their systems, which unallows you to activate your phone. Keep trying periodically.
  5. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

I can certainly hope so cause it is too late to call. I get that recording and it just pisses me off even more. So much for trying to help him root his phone quick and easy.
  6. thebourbonnflip

thebourbonnflip New Member

Yes, i believe VZW is updating their systems etc. because if you try to sign IN online on their site...it goes to a blank 'sorry' page...so yes..i believe you can NOT activate until they are done..it happened to me once(non root) and VZW website/service was down till like 6-7am...good luck
  7. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

Thats more reassuring. I was starting to think I had done something wrong during root.
  8. techRob

techRob New Member

That happened to me last Sunday night actually. My stress level went thru the roof :( ..i flashed the baseband firmware and that's what i had to deal with...the next morning i tried again and it worked like a charm :)
  9. filipino 13

filipino 13 New Member

same thing

same is happening to me right now... hope itll work in the morning. i get the roaming icon and when i try to activate it, it says to turn off my old phone. :icon_evil: it better work tomorrow
  10. Ripslash

Ripslash New Member

It's happening to me RIGHT now and despite the reassurance......I'm freakin out
  11. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ripslash, wait an hour or two, and you should be able to reactivate it, Verizon's servers won't be down for long.
  12. iancaz

iancaz New Member

I'm having this same issue right now & the fact that nobody has followed up here is both unnerving (I'd love to know if the servers came right back up) & reassuring (if things hadn't worked, they'd be posting follow-up comments).

So, here's hoping that this was just some REALLY BAD timing on my part. Just one more reason why I shouldn't do this stuff when I'm tired. :icon_eek:
  13. techRob

techRob New Member

I would just avoid having to reactivate really really really late / really really really really early in the day. Sunday's are definitely a bad day to do things after 8pm-10pm (PST) (yes, it's a slightly exagerated time, just a good rule of thumb so you don't go without your phone).

Best thing, play with stuff during the day - or during operational hours of your local VZW shops (they won't be up and running without their servers / equipment up and running) ;)
  14. Ripslash

Ripslash New Member

Sorry, should be more considerate of the community :) . I did the same activation procedure the next morning with no issues (well aside from going to work very tired. My advice would be to get some sleep and try during business hours.
    Pretty much a Rob suggests.
Search tags for this page
activate a rooted phone
activate incredible after root

activate phone after root

can you activate a rooted phone verizon

cell company activate root phone

how to activate a rooted phone

how to reactivate htc dna

phone wont come back on after root

reactivate phone after root

rooted phone wont activate