phone will not interface with PC need driver

whatadroid

Reaction score
I just got Droid Pro -phone and email work fine but when I connect usb cable to laptop (win 7) I get error message "MTP usb error" and also the trouble shooter says it cannot find driver No software supplied with phone. Any clues I would like to be able to download some music and photo but cannot connect to pc

OP
W

whatadroid

Reaction score
transfer mode ?

I am not sure what mode - I plugged in USB cable for the 1st time I first got device found and I thought I would be ok and then I got error message for usb as well as bluetooth
so how do I dtermine which mode I am in ?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should have a menu on the phone, either should pop up when you connect or on the notification bar.

chris2992

Reaction score
I have tried those drivers a number of times (uninstall and reinstall) and it hasn't worked once. This started happening to me with the GB update. I'm win7 64bit. I have tried my phone as a mass storage, pc mode and media transfer mode, none work. On a side note, it does charge when connected to usb.

eblackwell

Reaction score
I don't know about the original poster, but I can't get it to work.

I just bought my HTC DNA. HTC Sync says No device and that a driver won't install. On the phone, I don't get the option to just charge or use it as a disk drive. Can't find drivers on the HTC site and no articles to help.