Phone will not charge

spicoli1980

Reaction score
Hello can someone please help?

I have a DX obviously I guess and am running Liberty, and have been since the day 1.5 was released. Today no matter what I try my phone will not charge, however the green led does come on, so it knows that it is plugged in, correct.

I was wondering if I could take it to VZW and get a replacement or if they will be able to tell it is rooted and such.

Thank you for any help.

brenneisec

Reaction score
i wouldnt take it back to verizon so fast. im sure theres many things you can try. are you trying to charge from usb? if so try wall charging. have you pulled the battery? made sure your connection port is clean? maybe even reflash liberty. if worse comes to worse you will need to sbf back to stock before taking the phone back to verizon

OP
S

spicoli1980

Reaction score
I have tried several different wall chargers, usb to laptop, and car charger. None of them are working and battery was at 11% when I noticed and now I cant get into recovery because the phone is dead.

Is there a way to sbf without turning the phone on?

brenneisec

Reaction score
you will have to have some battery juice to get into recovery. if you can use someone elses battery or if you have a spare that would work. hopefully someone else will chime in here to help with the charging

OP
S

spicoli1980

Reaction score
well I decided to get a new battery....no dice. So something happend to the usb port, not sure what but boy if it awesome.

I tried to sbf but RSD Lite doesnt reconize my phone being hooked up,any options for geeting this paperweight back to stock before I send it to VZW tomorrow.

Somebody please help, oh i tried maderstock but when I pick it in recovery it just says <bad>