phone will not boot

levi_v

Reaction score
OK, so I was sitting watching a movie when I noticed my phone display turn on automatically which I thought was strange. I then unlocked it and the volume up key and search button at the bottom right were acting like they were being pressed. When in the search mode it kept auto typing @OC@OC@OC.... which is i believe part of a text message I either typed or received a few days ago. If it helps I am not using the default SMS app, I am using ChompSMS which I purchased off the market. Also I am using Helix launcher because I wanted more windows. Other than that everything else is basic.

When I tried to hold down the power button it would not give me the menu option to turn the phone off. Next step I took was I took the battery out. When I put the battery back in after a few seconds it automatically would try and turn on because I could see the LCD back light turn on, however I would get no Motorola logo. It keeps on doing this over and over roughly every 1min, LCD back light will turn on then off...I tried to plug the phone in thinking my battery might have been too low, but the white LED on the side of the phone for charging will not turn on. I can't get it to stop "auto turning on" when I go to put the battery in.

I have tried to get into the recovery menu Power button and X, which I have done before, but it wouldn't respond. Anyone have any ideas? If not I guess it is off to Verizon to see what they can do.

JCo352

Reaction score
Hmm...That's weird, with that message that it's sending you, it seems like your phone wants to be OC'd(Overclocked).

Xerozix

Reaction score
Your best bet is to take it to an Authorized Verizon Store.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Kmart95

Reaction score
Xerozix said:
Your best bet is to take it to an Authorized Verizon Store.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Ya since your phone isnt rooted just take it to verizon and they'll take care of it.