Phone will not answer...

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
Sometimes my phone won't allow me to slide over the button to answer....has anyone ever had this problem....sometimes it is bad enough to miss the call. I am running 1.1.1 since release now and this has just started. I have not added any other programs lately either. Any suggestions for a fix?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

keithsmith22

Reaction score
That is not a problem associated with the ROM. It is a weird thing with Android. Don't know why, it happens rarely but it does happen. Whether stock or rooted.

gadgetskopf

Reaction score
Sometimes my phone won't allow me to slide over the button to answer....has anyone ever had this problem....sometimes it is bad enough to miss the call. I am running 1.1.1 since release now and this has just started. I have not added any other programs lately either. Any suggestions for a fix?

I have run into this and found a couple things that have helped me a bit:

1) Maximum clock speed via SetCPU when the screen is off - 250 works better for me than 125 (and my Droid doesn't seem to play as well with the low voltage kernels so I'm running SV instead of LV)

2) Program on SD was running a service at startup - I was having a *LOT* of slowdowns with my phone during redraws which would freeze the phone during the 'woolgathering'. I had upgraded my SD to a CL6 recently and saw a bit of improvement (esp on pic saving time), but recently it got worse to the extreme. I had moved Dropbox to SD without realizing it ran a service on startup. Once I moved it back to internal, redraw performance sped up dramatically.

The first item is definitely a trial-and-error sort of thing as far as figuring out which kernel works best for you. For me, LV runs hotter and drains the battery faster (go figure) than SV on my phone. SetCPU's stress testing was great for helping quickly identify which kernels are unstable on my phone. For me, 1100mhz appears to run fine, but under stress locks and reboots while 1000 mhz is rock solid.

For the second, I was looking in the 'manage application' and checked running services first, and then in the running programs section, check the properties to see which ones run on startup. I try to keep services and startup programs internal instead of on SD.

Mikosh

Reaction score
That is not a problem associated with the ROM. It is a weird thing with Android. Don't know why, it happens rarely but it does happen. Whether stock or rooted.

Yeah, to be totally honest. I've had it happen more times with me when I wasn't wasn't rooted. I've yet to have it happen. It's pretty annoying but doesn't happen enough for it to be a huge problem.

OP
J

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
Ok, I upped my max clock speed with screen off to 400 from 125, hopefully that helps. Can you explain the stress test to me? Mine never seems to finish, what am I supposed to be looking for with this test?

gadgetskopf

Reaction score
Ok, I upped my max clock speed with screen off to 400 from 125, hopefully that helps. Can you explain the stress test to me? Mine never seems to finish, what am I supposed to be looking for with this test?

To the best of my knowledge, it runs until you stop it. I figure if it runs for 15 without locking up and/or rebooting my phone, then it's pretty 'good-2-go' in my book. YMMV

licensepl8

Reaction score
Can't answer Droid

I had this problem for a couple of months after I purchased my Droid. I couldn't get the answer slide bar to work, and could not answer nine out of ten calls. I tripped over something on a different topic on a board that mentioned that the Car Mode is activated by a magnet. I was using a case that had a magnetic "latch" on the flap. I stopped using the holster case and I have not had the problem since, which is about six months.

I tried all the other things, altering the clock speed, standing on my head and so on. It was the magnet. If you use a magnetic case, I assure you this is your problem. It could be, if you carry your phone in a purse and you have something magnetic in there, you might be causing the same issue.