phone went black and won't turn on

omgpandasaurus

Reaction score
so i installed handcent sms and was adjusting the settings, i clicked themes and all of a sudden my screen goes black and now it won't turn on. i've tried charging it and doign a battery pull and nothing seems to work. anyone else have a problem with this?

YosM45

Reaction score
My screen went black, after I installed handcent too, but not because of handcent. I wasn't palying with handcent when it happend.

We'll, I pulled the battery, gave it a few second, reinserted, and it started back up.

moparharn

Reaction score
My phone has shut off twice now for no reason. It will

not start back up unless I pull the battery. :( More BS that reminds me of the Storm 1.

droidgal

Reaction score
Mine too

My phone has done this once. I do not have handcent.

I have had the phone since Monday.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
Mine did this once about a week ago and I've had my phone since release. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

reuterville

Reaction score
Droid freeze up problems

I had a freeze up problem from day one. Finally Verizon tech support had a tip that might fix it. So far no freeze ups (Screen going black and having to reinstall the battery). They told me to dial *228 and then pick option #2:)
Then wait till update is finished. For some reason the #2 has something to do with roaming? But it seemed to have worked!