Phone wakeup button options

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
So I want only my end key to wake up my phone. Not all of the front ones too. I think the stock rom had it. I run DS and I cannot for the life of me find th setting option. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

I just hate that when my phone is in my holster and its always on due to the front buttons getting squished on.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xliderider

Reaction score
The X doesn't have an End key. :confused:

Others have posted filing their plastic holster a bit to get some clearance on the physical buttons on the front of the phone.

qman66

Reaction score
So I want only my end key to wake up my phone. Not all of the front ones too. I think the stock rom had it. I run DS and I cannot for the life of me find th setting option. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

I just hate that when my phone is in my holster and its always on due to the front buttons getting squished on.

which phone do u have? droid x doesnt have an end button.do u mean the power button on the top?

OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Yes sorry the Power key. I have a droid x. The new holster for my phone(not a clip or plastic case) a leather holster the phone just slides into. The damn buttons keep getting pushed on when I put it in or take it out

xliderider

Reaction score
Must be a really tight fit in that holster.

I have a TPU slip on case on my X and put it in a leather horizontal holster. It was hard to find a leather holster that would fit an X with a slip on case, believe me, but the slip on TPU case has a raised "lip" around the front of the phone that provides clearance for the physical buttons. I like to think that the raised front edge of the case will provide a little protection for the screen should I ever drop the phone as well.

OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
I use this one. It fits great and Its cheap on e-bay
Thats the exact one I have. Maybe I should break it in like an old baseball mitt. I try it with and without my clear plastic cover and it fits nice without but have the button issues. Ill figure it out or I just wont use the case.

qman66

Reaction score

Ok I wanted the same thing you wanted it and I got it to work (requires root). You need to go into root explorer and go to system/usr/keylayout (make sure you hit mount r/w) then long hold on cdma_shadow-keypad.kl and scroll down to Open in Text Editor. You need to erase WAKE_DROPPED or WAKE whatever it says, of the following 6 keys: 158 (back) 102 (home) 217 (search) and for 229,139,59 (menu). So to be clear the column on the right which says either WAKE_DROPPED or WAKE make sure it is empty on the keys I mentioned. Then press back and save if it asks and it will automatically make a backup of the original configurations named cdma_shadow-keypad.kl.bak under the original file. Then you must reboot. If for some reason you are having problems, erase the file you edited and remove the '.bak' from the backup and reboot.

Last edited:
OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Ok I wanted the same thing you wanted it and I got it to work (requires root). You need to go into root explorer and go to system/usr/keylayout (make sure you hit mount r/w) then long hold on cdma_shadow-keypad.kl and scroll down to Open in Text Editor. You need to erase WAKE_DROPPED or WAKE whatever it says, of the following 6 keys: 158 (back) 102 (home) 217 (search) and for 229,139,59 (menu). So to be clear the column on the right which says either WAKE_DROPPED or WAKE make sure it is empty on the keys I mentioned. Then press back and save if it asks and it will automatically make a backup of the original configurations named cdma_shadow-keypad.kl.bak under the original file. Then you must reboot. If for some reason you are having problems, erase the file you edited and remove the '.bak' from the backup and reboot.
I tried this and nothing changed. So I just put them all as WAKE_DROPPED. HMM....What's next?

qman66

Reaction score
I tried this and nothing changed. So I just put them all as WAKE_DROPPED. HMM....What's next?

Nothing worked? That's so strange I even tried this on a mytouch phone which uses the sense ui and it worked. i dont think it matters what rom u r using or anything, but putting wake_dropped shouldnt make it worked. to me it only worked when u leave it empty but i believe u tried that.

OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score

Nothing worked? That's so strange I even tried this on a mytouch phone which uses the sense ui and it worked. i dont think it matters what rom u r using or anything, but putting wake_dropped shouldnt make it worked. to me it only worked when u leave it empty but i believe u tried that.
Yeah i did that. Should I have deleted the WHOLE LINE? I didnt, but maybe I should try it?

qman66

Reaction score

Yeah i did that. Should I have deleted the WHOLE LINE? I didnt, but maybe I should try it?
yea make sure that last column is completely empty without any text. let me capture my screen for u.