Phone virus or phone cloned?? Need some help please.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's usually a sign of having gotten wet. Or possibly flex cable crimped...many thing really...I would think more on the lines of these ideas than an apparently gaining privilege..but hell these days...lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Whoa FoxKat, you sound exactly like my son... who believe it or not, has started his own computer repair-optimizing business. And his natural born abilities extends to all electronics, mechanics, and software. It is fascinating.

When he was a kid, his bedroom was his workshop and he had every tool, motor, radio, circuit boards... omg, it was a mess.

When he was eight years old, he woke me up at 2am, excited about his creation that he spent the night doing instead of sleeping and just had to wake me to show me. He had rigged a traffic light to his bedroom door, where as you walked up the stairs, hit a certain stair, it turned red and would not turn back to green unless he triggered a handheld switch.... solely for the purpose of thinking he could keep his older brother out of his bedroom. Even at 2am, I was thoroughly amazed & impressed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
FoxKat ftw:hail:

Just to add to what he suggests, and I'm going to agree with his diagnosis as ZIF connectors/"locks" aren't very good (I had a ton of trouble with installing and getting my SSD drive to work because of the stupid cable). Here's a guide on how to open the sucker up and try to fix it yourself or in your case TismyDroid, your son may enjoy this:
http://ifixit.com/pdf/ifixit/guide_3014_en.pdf

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks Dezy, I'm passing that onto him.

Oh gee, so that's what happened to my og droid? Lol!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks Dezy, I'm passing that onto him.

Oh gee, so that's what happened to my og droid? Lol!

Haha it happens, especially if you "help" by dropping it a couple times. ZIF connecters, at least with what I dealed with, are pretty flimsy so I wouldn't be surprised if a drop caused a loose cable. Good luck!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
True, those little flip up clips can "pop" loose due to the shock of a fall, and then the ribbon cable's connections are superficial at best. The cables aren't likely to completely slip out of the connectors since they are under compression in the closed casing, but they can jiggle around a bit and in doing so can have intermittent connectivity on one or more contacts. :biggrin: