Phone upon reboot always goes into ap fastboot (s) (flash failure)

extremeodd

Reaction score
Well after dealing with 905s wonderful lack of 4g I decided to try out 232 via http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/214902-downgrade-902-no-app-data-loss.html . Well it got so far before the rsd said something about failing and the phone was showing fastboot flash failure. Was able to reboot into recovery and manually installed the image that way. Everything works just fine and dandy. A bit laggy at times but works great. The thing is though every time I do a reboot it shows the fast boot screen and I have to boot into recovery to power on the phone. Anyway to cure this? Not a huge issue just very annoying. BTW Im loooooving ICS, it just works. Never had the gps have an immediate lock, usually took a few mins at the very least.

EDIT: Hmm along with the lag getting constant semi to complete hard locks.

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
extremeodd said:
Well after dealing with 905s wonderful lack of 4g I decided to try out 232 via http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/214902-downgrade-902-no-app-data-loss.html . Well it got so far before the rsd said something about failing and the phone was showing fastboot flash failure. Was able to reboot into recovery and manually installed the image that way. Everything works just fine and dandy. A bit laggy at times but works great. The thing is though every time I do a reboot it shows the fast boot screen and I have to boot into recovery to power on the phone. Anyway to cure this? Not a huge issue just very annoying. BTW Im loooooving ICS, it just works. Never had the gps have an immediate lock, usually took a few mins at the very least.

U have a cdt failure go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html download my fix cdt at the bottom of step 5 an run it

OP
E

extremeodd

Reaction score
Just did it and how Im getting a boot failure and the previous method of me booting it is no longer working. At the bottom it says "Invalid CG Version (CG: boot)" Cant get into recovery either...

EDIT: the screen isnt ap fastboot anymore, its Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure).

Last edited:

debrad0307

Reaction score
Instead of doing that all you need to do is successfully flash .902 or another fastboot file via RSD lite. Same thing happened to me when I got my bionic.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
extremeodd said:
Just did it and how Im getting a boot failure and the previous method of me booting it is no longer working. At the bottom it says "Invalid CG Version (CG: boot)" Cant get into recovery either...

Ahhh thats a nasty failure ur boot.img is corrupt go to the same thread an follow the steps to fxz back to 905 then apply the .232 fxz update again i know it sucks but its ur only option

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
debrad0307 said:
Instead of doing that all you need to do is successfully flash .902 or another fastboot file via RSD lite. Same thing happened to me when I got my bionic.

902 is outdated the 905 fxz is in my thread i posted above

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Ahhh thats a nasty failure ur boot.img is corrupt go to the same thread an follow the steps to fxz back to 905 then apply the .232 fxz update again i know it sucks but its ur only option

Sorry thought it was ur cdt its my fault for not asking for what the ap fastboot failure was the fix cdt or anything else wouldnt have fixed it only an fxz will

OP
E

extremeodd

Reaction score
In the process of downloading the 905 fxz, Im guessing Ill lose all my apps and stuff?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
extremeodd said:
In the process of downloading the 905 fxz, Im guessing Ill lose all my apps and stuff?

Correct but if u have backups they wont be deleted i never post an fxz with it edited to keep data there are some hacks that remain intact if u dont wipe data an if ur in a bootloop because of one of those hacks u will stay in a bootloop after an fxz plus keeping data from an ICS build an going back to GB is not a good idea

jayrod

Reaction score
Hope you get it going again!

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago...of course I'm pretty sure my lack of experience with SafeStrap and being freaked out by how long my phone was taking to boot after flashing to the safe side , coupled with the fact that I tried to FXZ with the wrong file because of the aforementioned freakout caused my problem! Hahaha
Ended up just starting from scratch,OTA back to .905...and finally decided to flash .232

So glad there are people around to help regardless of operator error or fickle phones!dancedroid

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jayrod said:
Hope you get it going again!

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago...of course I'm pretty sure my lack of experience with SafeStrap and being freaked out by how long my phone was taking to boot after flashing to the safe side , coupled with the fact that I tried to FXZ with the wrong file because of the aforementioned freakout caused my problem! Hahaha
Ended up just starting from scratch,OTA back to .905...and finally decided to flash .232

So glad there are people around to help regardless of operator error or fickle phones!dancedroid

Glad to be of service :)

OP
E

extremeodd

Reaction score
Ahh that all makes sense, its about 1/2way done with 905. Should I go through the setup process with syncing my gmail account then update to 232 via SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_(232).exe: or not sync and update the same OR find a different 232?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
extremeodd said:
Ahh that all makes sense, its about 1/2way done with 905. Should I go through the setup process with syncing my gmail account then update to 232 via SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_(232).exe: or not sync and update the same OR find a different 232?

Really doesnt matter it all works the same an as for 232 i would redownload it just incase cuz u could have gotten a bad download try to eliminate all user error :)

OP
E

extremeodd

Reaction score
One last question, should I use rsd to install 232 or do it via recovery? and via recovery do I need to rename the Blur_Version.5.9.905 to 6.7.232.XT875.Verizon.en.US to update.zip?

EDIT: Well cant access recovery, get the droid with an ! weird.

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
extremeodd said:
One last question, should I use rsd to install 232 or do it via recovery? and via recovery do I need to rename the Blur_Version.5.9.905 to 6.7.232.XT875.Verizon.en.US to update.zip?

EDIT: Well cant access recovery, get the droid with an ! weird.

Lmao u have to push the the volume buttons to bring up the menu when u boot into recovery an u see the exclamation mark an u dont install 232 via rsd its not an fxz an last renaming the zip does nothing